Intention My intention ( to the best of my ability ) is to remove some of the mystery, secrets, guesswork and plain misinformation that surrounds the construction of the " cell ". The aim is to help the constructor make a cell in a laid out, step by step, method that I employ to make my own cells. My knowledge comes from making the cells. As I have built many working cells, this experience has given me the knowledge, not by guesswork or reading someone's book or listening to second or third hand " expert " opinions. I now pass this information on to you. and it will always stay as my opinion and information until you build your own cell. Only then will you know how to make a cell, and not before!
Joe In approximately 1992 a new form of a generator was constructed in Australia. In preparation for this book, I spoke to both the designer and his fiancee, regarding my wish to give him the due credits, etc., for his 7 years of work and cooperation with all involved parties. Unfortunately due to the lunatic fringe and money grabbers that dealt with him, this poor, victimised individual has decided to relinquish any further involvement with the cell that bears his name. So in respect to his wishes, he will simply be referred to as Joe. I would simply like to say, dear Joe, that if it was not for rare individuals like you, we the vast brainwashed majority, would never find the true beauties of Mother Nature's gifts.
It is now probably to late to save Mother Earth from the years of pollution and desecration caused by the thoughtless money-grabbing multinationals. As a species, we are unique. Even a little simple bird keeps its nest clean, yet we the most intelligent of creation, destroy our only home! Yet, individuals like Joe show us that there is a better way, a simple pure way, Nature's way. Without the benefit(?) of years of dogmatic mind shrinking education, Joe found, by intuition, how to ask Nature a question in such a way that it answered. The answer was a method of powering machinery without the use of our primary resources or the creation of pollution. This method is well known to the select few and the technology has been around for centuries. Joe has made a crude easy to build version of this generator. The generator is called a Joe cell.
What is a Joe cell?
To find out, let us look at some of the characteristics of the cell as stated by Joe:
* The water in the cell is not consumed.
* The cell runs cold to the touch.
* It takes a period of time before the engine will run from the cell. It then has an erratic
power output and works in an intermittent fashion.
* When the cell is removed from the car, the engine takes an appreciable time to return
to " normal " and run from the original fuel.
* If the cell is left in the car for a long period, the engine becomes " charged ". From
this point, the cell is not required for the motor to run.
* All spark plug leads can be removed and the engine will still run as long as the
ignition coil and distributor remain functional.
* The output of the cell, does not have to be connected to the internals of the engine, a close external coupling will do.
* The cell requires the " charging " of the water to work.
* The " charged " water can be poured from one container to another without losing the
" charge ".
* The cell requires a specific style of construction, little understood by most constructors.
* An empirical construction style has evolved with little, if any, science or success.
* The source of power for the cell and its use has great value for some individuals. These
* individuals are creating misinformation, cloaking operations and fear to the cell constructors.
* Human presence can affect the operation of the cell in a positive or negative way.
There is much more information on the Joe cell that is available to the privileged few, but we have enough information from the above clues to identify the energy type. From the above, it is plain to see ( as I will explain to you ) that without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, the Joe cell is a crude Orgone accumulator, and that the cell runs on, or collects Orgone. There is a 100% correlation with Orgone energy and its properties. As these accumulators have been and are in use all over the world, the constructor can share in this vast pool of knowledge. For example, as early as the first of January 1867 a French patent, number 60,986 was issued to a Martin Ziegler for an accumulator of a living, non electrical type of force . The experimenter can with a little research, and notes like these, bypass the myths, misinformation and the mongers of secrets and get on with scientifically based facts. Also, he can be prepared to realise and meet the DANGERS that await the rash and fool hardy.
I would like to mention here the special dangers that are associated with the use of the life force, more particularly the Orgone energy. I presume that the reader is familiar with the arts required to experiment with hydrogen and oxygen, and is also competent in the use of the tools required to achieve the required results. You have read the disclaimer and I will leave it at that.
As you may be unfamiliar with Orgone, I would like to mention some additional precautions.
Orgone is very sensitive to disturbances and agitations from many sources. Thus the Orgone energy is very easily excited or irritated to produce toxic effects.
The following should be avoided:
* Any cathode ray device such as a TV sets, computers, oscilloscope, etc.
* Microwave ovens, fluorescent lights, luminous face watches, smoke detectors and electric blankets.
* Mobile phones and towers, courier radio telephone service or similar instrumentalities, airport radar and communication services, TV, AM, FM radio transmitters, radio traffic lights, police radar, high tension power lines, nuclear power plants, nuclear waste or storage facilities, and past or present nuclear testing areas.
The above electromagnetic and nuclear devices and materials are known to irritate Orgone energy, driving it into a severely excited state which Reich identified as the Oranur effect. These effects persist long after the irritation is removed ( years ). Under such persisting agitation, the Orgone energy eventually becomes immobilised and " dead ". Reich identified this deadened energy state as Dor ( Deadly Orgone ). A typical human reaction to Dor is lethargy, immobilisation and emotional remoteness. The most important effect is, that it tends to drive latent medical symptoms to the surface.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
If Oranur or Dor is present, an accumulator will amplify these tendencies .If my cells " play-up ", I feel very tired, my face looks and feels bloated, I have trouble with my eyes, and I feel as if I was sun burnt. You should dismantle the cell immediately and find the cause. As for yourself, have a cold shower as soon as possible and you should feel better.
" How else should it be done then? , was always the immediate question. The answer is simple:
Exactly in the opposite way that it is done today! "
As all known effects of Orgone are seen in the functioning of a Joe cell, it is reasonable to assume that the reader should have a good working knowledge of Orgone energy. Additionally, as the cell obeys all known Orgone laws and as the cell's operation does not contradict even one Orgone effect, it is safe to assume that this is the energy that is utilised in the cell. In honour of, and respect to one of the world's great, forgotten, and scorned scientists, namely Wilhelm Reich, I will continue to use the name Orgone as used by Reich. A multitude of other scientists, great and small, have given this mysterious force a name. In a following chapter I have listed at least 70 names by various individuals for the same or a similar force.
Orgone energy is the live cosmic energy of Nature. To quote Reich ... The Cosmic OR Energy fills the universe ... and ... it is a spontaneously pulsating, mass-free energy ...
For interested readers, there is a huge collection of facts, opinions and absolute rubbish on the Internet regarding Reich and Orgone. As the aim of this book is to focus on the Joe cell, the above definition will suffice.
Some properties of Orgone energy
Thousands of properties have been observed for the life force and I would like to list and explain the main ones relating to the cell.
1. It is mass free. ie. Orgone energy has no inertia or weight etc. So conventional test equipment that requires a reaction or something to " push " against to measure a force will be ineffective.
2. It is present everywhere, but more importantly to the Joe cell user, the concentration is variable from place to place and from time to time. Therefore, if the cell is leaky and located in a low concentration area, it may stop breeding or even loose the seed. The external signs are a motor that will not produce full power or will not run at all.
3. It in constant motion. It has an uneven movement from West to East at a speed considerably greater than the earths rotation. The motion is a pulsating expansion and contraction and a flow normally along a curved path. Inside an accumulator, the energy is emitted as a spinning, pulsating wave. Both of these can be seen to varying degrees in a charging vat and/or cell. These signs are very important to the experimenter as they are his tools in the different stages of seeding and breeding of the cell.
4. It negates the laws of entropy. Orgone energy flows from lower concentrations to higher concentrations ie. Orgone attracts concentrations to itself. This is the normal process of creation and as such is a proof of Orgone being a living energy. For the experimenter, this is very important, especially in the seeding stage. If the cell is located in an unfavourable location, it may not seed or take a long time to seed. I have had cells taking 4 weeks to seed, others take only a few days.
5. Matter is created from it. Under appropriate conditions, which are not rare or unusual, I have had different minerals formed from identical cells. This in my case is usually a white or green powder that forms as very fine colloid that eventually sinks to the bottom of the cell. You definitely do not want this to occur in the Joe cell as the cell will not run the car and the only solution is to completely dismantle, repolish and clean all components. For the sceptical, you may assume that the deposits are coming out of the water. I strongly disagree.
6. It can be manipulated and controlled. We do this in the cell by forming alternate organic and non-organic " cylinders " to form an accumulator for the Orgone. Thus the organic layers attract and soak up the Orgone and the metallic layers draw it from the organic material and radiate it into the interior of the accumulator. Additionally we use electricity, magnetism and electrolysis to assist with the breeding process.
7. It comes from the sun in vast quantities. As such, allowing for thermal lag, the Orgone density peaks in the afternoon and diminishes in the early morning hours. As people have found, a leaky cell will not function as it " dies " around 3 am to 4 am.
8. It is affected by weather, ie. humidity, cloud, temperature and time of day affects the accumulation of Orgone. For the experimenter with a leaky cell this explains the weird behaviour of leaky cells ie. sometimes they work, other times not, but if you stand on one foot, talk to it, try different water, chemistry, more or less power etc. it will " come good ". This has created a whole religion of what you must do or not do, to such an extent that with the blind leading the blind, the cell in the hands of a casual constructor is doomed to failure.
9A. It moves in the direction of a magnetic field. This is highly significant to the cell builder. This factor controls the position and polarity of the cell's internal wiring as well as controlling how much residual magnetism the steel can have and still allow the cell to work. This is critical in the choice and cutting operations of the related metals. Again, a whole mythology has developed around this area. From reading previous material on the subject, it seems that the steel has to be cut by vestal virgins in the Black Forest on a moonlit night!
9B. It moves at right angle to an electrical field. Again, highly important, as it dictates polarity and wiring connection to the cell.
10. It is absorbed by water. This is one of the reasons that we use water in the cell. To be successful, the water has to be the right type of water. By the way, for example, we could have used bees wax instead of water, but as we want to encourage the breeding process with all the tricks in the book, the bees wax would have prevented the use of electrolysis.
11. It is polarised. As Orgone is polarised, that is , we can have positive or negative Orgonic force, so we can build a positive or negative cell. But, if you mix your positive and negative construction materials as most people do, then your result is a leaky or non-operational cell.
12. It will penetrate or travel along all known materials. All bodies of continuous structure are equally good conductors eg. It may travel through 70 feet or more of metal. As such, do not think that you are trapping it in the cell. The only reason it stays in the cell at all is because it wants to. It is up to the experimenter to set up a seeding and breeding environment that is conducive to Orgone and not try to create an imaginary prison that the experimenter hopes will trap the Orgone. As a side note, mankind has created synthetic materials in recent times that can greatly stop the penetration of Orgone. I am talking about polymers.
13. It has a slow conduction rate. Orgone will take 20 seconds or more to traverse 50 yards of wire. For the experimenter, this means that you should wait about 30 seconds after turning power on to the cell before you can expect to observe Orgone action at a stable rate.
14. It exhibits a constant upward tendency, raising vertically. Highly important in creating a non-leaky cell installation in an car.
15. It cannot remain in steel or water longer than about 1 hour. Simply said, if you cell is not breeding, it will die in about 1 hour. This explains the use of a 1.5 Volt battery across leaky cells to maintain a breeding process. What you achieve with the small potential across the cell, is a very low rate of electrolysis that matches the leaking of the cell and thus maintaining the breeding process.
16. It radiates a great distance. From a typical cell the radiation circumference is at least 160 feet. Think about it!
17. It follows optical laws. It can be refracted by a prism, reflected by polished surfaces, etc. This explains the reason for the mirrored or highly polished surfaces in some parts of the cell. It also allows us to control some leaking by utilising optical laws.
18. It surrounds itself with alternating spherical zones of opposite polarity. This is utilised by us to determine cylinder diameters and consequential spacing in the optimisation of the cell.
19. It is affected by living beings. Again, important, as the experimenter and his attitude can interact with the cell
20. It can only be concentrated to a finite amount. If a cell is charged to its maximum degree so that it can hold no more, the Orgone will transform itself into electricity, and in this way or form, find a discharge. By the visual observation of the bubbles, pulsations, and surface tension of the water, we utilise this fact to our advantage.
21. Torsion ( Orgone ) fields transmit information without transmitting energy, and they propagate through physical media without interacting with the media.
22. Torsion ( Orgone ) fields cannot be shielded by most materials, but can be shielded by materials having certain spin structures. As in point 12 above.
23. Each physical object, in living or non-living nature, possesses its own characteristic torsion ( Orgone ) field.
24. All permanent magnets possess their own torsion ( Orgone ) field.
25. Torsion ( Orgone ) fields can be generated as a result of a distortion of the geometry of the physical vacuum. This is demonstrated by pyramids, cones, cylinders, flat triangles, etc.
26. Torsion ( Orgone ) fields can be screened by aluminium. This allows the use of aluminium coated mirrors, or highly polished aluminium to reflect our Orgone ( Torsion ) field. See point 17 above.
27 It will pass through all materials, but at different speeds.
COMPARATIVE NAMES FOR THE LIFE FORCE
" Matter is latent force, and force free matter " The mystic school
.At no stage do I even remotely hint that the following terms are identical. The purpose of the list is to show the many names given to unexplainable forces of which Orgone is one.
Akasa. Hindus. Animal magnetism. Mesmer.
Arealoha. Francis Nixon. Astral light. Kabbalists.
Baraka. Sufis. Bio-cosmic energy. Dr. Oscar Brunler.
Biodynamic Ether. Rudolf Steiner. Biofield. Yu. V. Tszyan.
Bioplasma. Russians. Biotronic. Czechs.
Brahma. Hindus. Ch'i. Chinese.
Chronal field. A. I. Veinik. Cosmic energy.
Cosmo-electric energy George Starr. D-field. A. A. Deev.
Dige. Apache. Digin. Navaho.
Dynamis. Ancient Greeks. Eckankar.
El. Hebrews. Elan-vital. Henri Bergson.
Electrogravitation. T. T. Brown. Elima. Nkundu.
Eloptic energy. T. Galen Hieronymus. Eloptic radiation. Hieronymus.
Entelechy. Dreisch. Ether. Aristotle.
Ethertricity. Gaston Burridge. Fermi Energy.
Fluroplasmic energy. B. Hilton. G-field. Sir Oliver Lodge.
Gravity field energy. H. A. Nieper. Hike. Egyptians.
Hullo. Chickasaw. Ka. Egyptians.
Kerei. Indonesians. Kirlian effect.
Latent neutral. Keely. Life Force. Dr. Aubrey T. Westlake.
Logoital plasma. Hieronymus. Magnetic Fluid. Mesmer.
Manitou. Algonquian. Manna of the Polynesians.
Manna. Israelites. Maxpe. Crow.
Mitogenetic emanation. A. G. Gurvich. Mon-emanation. I. M. Shakhparnov.
Multipolar energy. V. V. Lensky. Mumia. Paracelsus.
Mungo. African. N-emanation. M. R. Blondolt.
Negative entropic energy. James DeMayo. Nervous Ether. Richardson.
Nervous Ether. Richardson. Neutral force. Kabbala.
Neutricity. Gallimore. Neutrino sea. P. A. A. Dirac.
Numen. Romans. Odic Force. Baron Karl Von Reichenbach.
Orenda. Iroquoi. Orgone Energy. Dr. Wilhelm Reich.
Pneuma. Gallien. Prana. Hindus.
Psychotronic energy. Czechs. Pure non manifest energy. Todd R. Knudtso
Reiki. Japanese. Scalar energy.
Space energy. Spiritus. Fludd.
Tachyon energy. Telesma. Hermes Trismegistus.
Time emanation. N. A. Kozyrev. Tinh. Annamites of Vietnam.
Tondi. Sumatra. Universal life force. Baron Eugene Ferson.
Virtue. Jesus. Vis medicatrix. Hippocretes.
Vvis naturalis. Vital Fluid. Alchemists.
Vril. Wakan. Sioux.
Wakonda. Omaha. X-agent. H. Moriyama.
X-Force. L. E. Eeman. Z-emanation. A. L. Chizhevsky.
" It was especially forbidden to divulge the law of attraction and repulsion,
which constitutes nature's greatest secret. "
Mrs. Bloomfield-Moore, circa 1893.
As Orgone is polarised, either positive or negative, it can be manifested sometimes as both polarities for a short period of time. In our search for the perfect Joe cell, it is essential to utilise polarity-conducive materials in the construction of the cell. With the use of suspect materials that encourages the creation or retention of both polarities, the cell is not only a poor breeder ,but also leaky. I would strongly encourage the experimenter to choose to construct either a negative or positive cell and not to use materials at random or what happens to be handy or cheap. This is a sure way to failure.
Positive ( Warm ) Negative ( Cool )
Root fibres of plants Tips of plant leaves
Negative electricity Positive electricity
German silver Phosphorus
Argentinium silver Evaporation
The base, ( non pointy end ), of crystals Tip of crystals
Magnetic South Magnetic North
Left hand Right hand
Left side of body Right side of body
Back of neck Forehead
Running water Distillation
Potassium Haccoid salts
Calcined lime Chemical reaction
Creosote Mouth and tongue
Red end of sun's spectrum Blue end of sun's spectrum
As seen from the above short list, chemical reaction, electrolysis, evaporation, steaming, vibration, sound and chemicals are the most common goings on in the cell and in the motor. To rephrase, since the natural events in our cells habitat favour these actions, I would suggest that the experimenter builds a cell that utilises as many of these parameters as possible, until he gains the knowledge of the causes of the cell behaviour. I personally only build acid cells. I have a dislike of the corrosion associated with alkaline cells and also find that the water remains crystal clear and the insulators do not fail in my acid cells.
THEORY OF CELL DESIGN
" Everything that is natural is silent, simple and cheap "
After 6 years of experimentation, I made the assumption that the Joe cell was working on Orgone energy. This assumption came as a result of hundreds of hours of reading and experimentation. In all that time, all the recorded effects of Orgone, ( and there are hundreds ) have matched the behaviour of the Joe cell. There has never been a departure from the known recorded effect of Orgone energy, not even one! As such it would take a far braver man than I to argue with the huge supporting evidence of thousand's of man-hours and the work from hundreds of qualified individuals from all over the world. So, as my own humble experiments agree with the majority, I have said, and will repeat many times, the cell runs or more correctly, accumulates Orgone energy.
Sometimes I have to restate the obvious, namely, if we are to accumulate Orgone energy, we must have an Orgone accumulator! We are not designing this cell to use Neutrino's, Deuterium, Nitro-glycerine, steam, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Hydroxy, or any other author's pet opinion to the contrary. You will have to read other publications for those topics and cell designs, this train goes to Orgone country. We are designing our cell to run on Orgone energy! When I say " we ", I am assuming that the reader is following suit, and will build a cell closely matching these instructions. As such, a close study of the chapters on Orgone properties and cell polarities would be in order. If you were a naughty boy and skipped over these sections, I would suggest that you read them now. So what have you discovered? You should be in agreement with me on at least two points, ie. that the cell should use as many of one type of Orgone polarity materials and properties as possible, and additionally, we want to utilise as many as possible of all external forces available to us to assist us in the accumulation of the Orgone energy.
Are we on the right track with our Joe cell accumulator? What would we aim for in the design of a perfect energy accumulator ? Is there any better way to go? Maybe we are on the wrong track? At this stage it may be a good idea to consider the design parameters for the ultimate energy source. After all, why waste our time with the Joe cell if there is a " better " way of getting our energy. Better meaning, cheaper, parts effective, less polluting, less destructive, longer lasting, etc. If we look at the quote from Viktor Schauberger at the start of this chapter, "... natural, silent, simple and cheap..." is a very good starting point. Let me give you a brief list of the requirements of this magic accumulator and see if we are on the right track with the Joe cell:
* The Joe cell is natural as it operates on the life force ( Orgone ). It is the only natural man-made energy producing device that does a direct interchange from a primary energy source to the final energy supply. As such it seems to provide " free energy " and thus be an impossibility. This is a huge stumbling block for people who do not understand the concept of " free energy ".
* The Joe cell is silent. There are no moving parts. A solar panel or Peltier effect device would be the closest highly inefficient relations.
* The Joe cell is simple. No moving parts, a set of cylinders and water, you could not get it any more simple.
* The Joe cell is cheap. After the initial outlay, there are no further material costs or replacements required to worn-out parts. The Joe cell is virtually everlasting. If you build one with second hand components, your total outlay should be under AUS $200.00
* When we use energy that is at its fundamental stage ie. the energy cannot be broken up into any other energy constituents that are at a smaller level; we have no waste by-products and thus no pollution. The Joe cell runs on the life force energy ( Orgone ) which is a fundamental force of the Universe. You are not going to get any more basic than that!
* Any centrifugal, expanding and exploding force is wasteful due to the creation of heat. Any device that generates heat as part of its operation can never be considered an efficient energy source.
Nor can it ever be an over unity device. The Joe cell runs cool and so does the motor that runs from it.
* Any energy produced from a set of conversion stages is wasteful. For example, a nuclear submarine has a nuclear reactor to create heat. The heat is used to create steam from water. The steam drives a steam turbine. The steam turbine is used to run an electric generator. The electric generator is used to drive an electric motor. The electric motor turns a propeller. The propeller twists in water thus providing a thrust. The thrust propels the submarine. You would have to be kidding! No wonder that superior beings roll on the floor with laughter on observing our " technology ". How unnatural is all that? The Joe cell converts the primary life force ( Orgone ) into an expanding multiple use force in one step. Beautifully simple!
* The Orgone does not have to be stored or converted and stored. It is an on-demand system and thus there is no infra-structure required to store, distribute, ship, sell, etc. Unlike petrol, it is the same price each week ( free ). Definitely not good news for the oil multi-national concerns. Maybe that is why we are not using this force? <>.
So to summarise, I would say that, ( to the best of my knowledge ) as there is no alternative energy device to compete with the Joe cell, we would be on the right track if we build a cell that ran on Orgone. Please note that the Joe cell and its construction has limitations and negatives as you have already read and will read in later chapters. As we do not live on a perfect world, we are not perfect humans and the Joe cell is not a perfect device.
Making a theoretical cell
By reading through the list of Orgone properties and selecting the ones that look useable, you should have selected these:
Property 14. As it has a preference for a vertical and constant upward alignment, we will have the outlet of our cell at the top most point of the final structure.
Property 6 As it can be manipulated, it means that we can build a container to house it. We will have cylindrical cylinders, concentric and with a vertical axis to fit in with Property 14.
Property 10. As it is absorbed in water, we are going to make a water cell. As we are dealing with water, the cell has to be water proof and non corrosive.
Property 20. As it can only be concentrated to a final amount, we know that sooner or later something will occur in the vertical plane and with our outlet located at the top of this vertical axis, ie. Property 14, something will come out.
Property 9A As it moves in alignment with a magnetic field, we know that if we place one of our potential's at the bottom of our " conductor ", and the other potential at the top of our " conductor " a magnetic field will result and the Orgone field will move in the same direction. As our conductors are the metal cylinders, they now must have a concentric vertical alignment to fit in with Property 14. As we are dealing with magnetic fields, our cell material should not interfere with the chosen field that assists the Orgone to follow in a vertical alignment. Also, as we are dealing with water, electrolytes and magnetism, the cell material suitable for the simple cell should be stainless steel with a low as possible magnetic residual. Just on the side, our " conductor " is a complex combination of water, stainless steel cylinders and ion flow. Nevertheless, it will create a directional magnetic field
Property 9B. As it move at right angle to an electrical field, our concentric vertical cylinders prove a perfect match, ie. the electric current flow is from the inner most cylinder, to the outer most cylinder in horizontal lines. As the Orgone flows at right angles to this field, the end result is again a vertical alignment of Orgone. Good stuff!
Now, from the table of Orgone polarities, we can get a few more " helper's " to coax the Orgone force to work for us;
The electrolysis will be very interesting to it, and as Joe said, connecting the power to the cell when the engine is running is like switching the turbocharger on full boost, man you are off! Like wise the friction from the reciprocating parts in the engine will get it to go in and have a peek and then, " got you! ", we can use it! The sound and vibration are additional bonuses when the car is running.
For the electronically versed readers, let me explain to you one way that the cell acts as a concentric energy accumulator. It is a well known fact that the charge of a capacitor is proportional to the surface area of the plates. Similarly, we know that the potential increases as we bring the plates closer together. Now look at the beauty of the Joe cell. We have a set of concentric plates with an obvious reduction of surface area as we move towards the middle of the cell, ie. as the cylinder gets smaller in diameter, the surface area reduces proportionally. Now, as the surface area of the cylinders decrease towards the middle, we automatically have the charge increasing as we move towards the center! Therefore, the greater the number of cylinders, the greater or more intense is this charge build up. So, thrown in at no extra design cost is an automatic magnifier for the Orgone force that is concentrated automatically at the center of the cell. The above applies only if the water can act as an dielectric, ie. that it does not have too many ions in the water. Thank you Nature! By the way, on a larger scale, the earth is the middle of the accumulator and the different atmospheric layers are the cylinders that concentrate the sun radiations.
We now have a theoretical cell. It is made from a plurality of concentric stainless steel cylinders in water, with an application of a suitable electric and magnetic field, and a top-located outlet on a vertical aligned cell.
So, the above is the layout and the logic in the construction of a theoretical cell. Now, dear Joe did not do any of the science, did not know any of the scientists, did not read any related books and did not know what Orgone was, but by a stroke of sheer luck and intuition, he made his final cell in the above configuration, and the rest is history! Yes, dear friend, our theoretical cell is exactly how you should make you practical working cell. This will be explained in the next chapter.
MATERIALS AND CELL DESIGN
" There is no ideal crucible, no crucible so perfectly sealed and protected that it can be considered a closed system, a unit absolutely isolated from the rest of the universe.
Raymond Abellio, circa 1975.
In this section, I would like to take you step by step, through the cell construction process. I have stated in other sections of this book and I would like to also state here that there are countless methods of constructing Orgone accumulators. The method described here is based on the Joe cell construction techniques. For a very comprehensive description of this type of cell, I would presume that the reader has read, or has access to, a copy of Barry Hilton's book, "How to run Your Car on Zero Point Energy ". This book contains in words and diagrams what Joe wanted the public to know about his cell. As such it is essential reading.
Note. I have a copy of the above book and recommend it to others, but!, that does not imply that I agree with the theories or facts as expressed by Barry and Joe. Nor does it imply that I promise you that if you buy the above book, you will be able to " run " your car, or even have a working cell. Simply stated, I see Barry's book and my own, as pieces similar to the pieces of others, in a jig saw puzzle. If you put all the pieces together, you will understand the life force, or whatever else you want to call it. You do not require all the pieces if you only want to " run " a car, but the more pieces you have, the greater is you understanding of the causes, not just the effects. Thus the car will run for a longer period of time without mysterious " down times ".
I am not interested, as established before, in arguing, challenging, debating, competing, or defending my written notes with any parties. I give you these notes freely as a pointer, to show you a method of cell construction that works for me. If you have something constructive to contribute, I will gladly alter my notes.
Right, with the preamble out of the way, lets get to work. I will go through each step:
A. Parts list.
B. Selection of materials.
C. Machining operations.
A. Parts list.
The following parts lists, tie in with section D.
Common to all vats and cells, you will require lugs that can fit over a ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) bolt, and multi strand wire capable of flowing 10 Amps continuously, red for positive and black for negative. You may want to purchase an in-line fuse holder and a few 5 Amp fuses to suit.
A1. Charging vat. ( Optional item ).
This vat can be any suitable low paramagnetic food grade steel container. A favourite with Joe and others is a stainless steel beer keg. These seem to be plentiful,. but be wary of quality. The seam welds are particularly paramagnetic. There is a story of Joe testing about a hundred kegs before he found one that he liked. Unless you are going to use the large cones, about 10 inches ( 250 mm. ) diameter, I see no useful purpose to have such a large charging vat. Even if you employ it to fill up your radiator, it is still a hell of a lot of water. I could see a use for one as a shared club or group resource, but not for one individual. I personally use a much smaller vat with an internal working height of 11 inches and a diameter of 8 inches. This type of keg has the advantage of not being seam welded horizontally half way up the container. This is exactly where you do not want any magnetic bands! My cone diameters are either 5.5 inches or 6 inches depending on the scrap metal dealer.
So, you will need:
1 x Keg of your chosen size.
8 x Cones of chosen size.
1 x Nylon, or similar, central cone support rod.
8 x Nylon, or similar, spacer washers to suit cones and central support rod.
16 x Neoprene O-rings to suit central support rod
1 x 300 mm. long by 6 mm. diameter ( approx ) stainless steel support rod. ( Use horizontally across keg to hold central rod and cone assembly ).
1 x 1 meter long ( approx ), by 12 mm. wide stainless steel strap, approximately 1 mm. thick.
6 x Stainless steel pop rivets.
Note. If you just want to get on with it, and you only want to charge your car cell, you do not require a charging vat. Its main virtue is the quantity of water and the ability to remove any scum from the top of the water. Unfortunately, as you car cell is enclosed, this scum is not so readily removed, but there is nothing to stop you charging the water in your car cell, tipping out you stage 3 water in a glass container, filtering this water and reintroducing it back into you car cell. Anyway, if you use the methods described in these notes, you will find that your scum will be at a minimum. I have always charged my car cells as a stand alone unit, ie. no charging vat. The advantages are that you know that the cell and the water are okay and not just the water, as the case would be, if you simply added the water out of your charging vat into your car cell.
A2. 4 cylinder test cell.
The test cell is a vital piece of equipment that you should make. It has two main functions: One, it is a training aid for you while you are learning about the different stages of charging the water. You will easily be able to observe the different bubble types, surface tensions, deposits in the sump and colloidals suspensions in the water. Two, you will be able to fill it up with suspect water from you main car cell and test to see if the water is still at stage 3. You do not have to be Einstein to work out that your test cell container should be transparent.
You will need;
1 x Glass or clear ( not translucent ) acrylic container about 6 inches ( 150 mm. ) diameter by about 8 inches ( 200 mm. )tall. The container must have a lid!
1 x Set of 1 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch and 4 inch cylinders about 5 inches ( 125 mm ) long.
18 x ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) diameter by ½ inch long spacers.
1 x Approx. 10 inches ( 250 mm ) stainless steel strap as per charging vat parts list.
2 x Small stainless steel nuts and screws to secure the strap to the plastic or glass container.
2 x Stainless steel pop rivets.
1 x 1.5 feet ( 500 mm. ) of heat shrink tubing to fit over you stainless steel strap.
2 x Lower acrylic support combs, ( to be described later ).
Note. If you use the glass jar, you may want to insert the negative via a ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) stainless steel bolt via a hole that you drill through the bottom of the jar. In that case, you will need a 3 inch ( 76 mm. ) stainless steel bolt, nut and washer, plus two Nylon or Teflon machined washers where the bolt exits the glass container. The extra effort may not be worth it unless you can get the parts cheaply.
A3. 4 cylinder car cell.
The construction of the 4 cylinder and 5 cylinder cells are the same except for the extra cylinder and 6 spacers. Thus I will only describe the construction of the 5 cylinder cell. If you want to make a 4 cylinder cell, follow the construction of the 5 cylinder cell without the extra cylinder.
Note. The only reason that I mention the 4 cylinder cell at all, is again due to the myths that have developed in the " field ". Basically, the story goes like this: It is rumoured that if you do not use the charging vat, you can only charge and run you car with a 5 cylinder cell. You supposedly cannot charge you water with a 4 cylinder cell, only run you car on it. Joe also mentions in his video that he thinks that the 4 cylinder may even run the car better than the 5 cylinder cell. Personally, I have found that you can charge both a 4 and a 5 cylinder cell and thus, they will also run the car. As the leakage of a cell is determined by the " layers " or number of concentric cylinders, the 5 layer cell is a better cell. I have found that a 5 cylinder cell works much better for me and I really have nothing to recommend the 4 cylinder cell for, except that it is a smaller cell. There is still meagre feedback from constructors, so the jury is still out.
A4. 5 cylinder test cell.
This is my favourite configuration. My very first test cell was a glass 5 cylinder cell with 7 inch long cylinders. This cell has been in constant use now, for about 6 years, still not broken after countless dismantles and services. The insulators and cylinders after 6 years are as good as they were on day 1.
This cell uses the ½ inch bolt-through-the-bottom alternative.
The construction is the same as the 4 cylinder test cell, with the addition of 6 extra spacers to support the extra 5 inch cylinder. That's it.
A5. 5 cylinder car cell.
This is the one, dear people. You either get this one right or end of Joe cell as reality and back to fantasy. This is the baby that has to seed and breed for you. This is the one that has to be reliable and sludge free. This is the one that people will judge your sanity on. If it does not work, you go down the path of all other failures and dreamers. Conversely, when you get it working, you will not be able to count all your new " friends ". They will all want one, just " like the wizard made ".
There are variations, I will give you my favourite one, you will need:
1 x Set of hand selected, polished, clean, low paramagnetic, ( maybe heat treated ) 1 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch and 4 inch inner cylinders, of 8 inch length, or length very close to 8 inches, as calculated from own your calculations as per Chapter 7.
1 x 5 inch diameter outer cylinder, as above, but 10 inches long.
1 x Lower plate, one 5 inch thread, one 5 inch O-ring seal and one 5 inch nut to suit the above
outer casing. This is not of-the-shelf. You will need machine work to make the press fit
section. See diagram.
1 x Top cone. This is a standard 5 inch to 1 inch tube reducer. Apex angle to suit material but between 60 and 90 degrees and optimally 57 degrees for 316L stainless.
24 x ½ inch diameter by ½ inch long ebonite or similar spacers.
1 x 3 inch long by ½ inch diameter stainless steel bolt, nut and washer.
2 x Nylon or Teflon machined insulators for bolt exit.
1 x 1 inch ( 24 mm.) diameter compression fitting for your cell outlet. This outlet will be a right- angle or straight fitting depending on your individual requirement. This is where your 1 inch ( 24 mm. ) outside diameter aluminium engine pipe fits in.
1 x A suitable length of 1 inch outside diameter ( 24 mm. ) aluminium tube for your cell to engine blind plug fitting. ( My tube has a 20 mm. inside diameter but this is not critical ).
1 x 1 inch ( 24 mm. ) long, ½ inch ( 13 mm. ) inside diameter stainless steel tube. This slips over the stainless steel bolt and holds the inner cylinders clear of the bottom
3 x Acrylic combs to support the inner cylinders. Optional, to be described later.
Note. All components should have the minimum paramagnetic field possible. Your test magnet can be slightly attracted, but must not stick and support its own weight! All parts are to be cleansed in mild vinegar or acetic acid that has been added to juvenile water. Do not leave finger prints on any stainless steel surface.
Regarding heat treating, as the Curie point of most stainless steel is 800F and higher, our heat treatment must exceed this temperature. Two methods that work are:
1. Local advice from a Melbourne heat treatment operator: he suggests to place the material in an oven at 1200F for three hours in a Nitrogen gas, then reduce the temperature slowly to atmospheric over twelve hours.
2. TM Technology, ( http://.www.tinmantech/html/faq_stainless_working_joe-c.html ) suggest 800F to 1200F for ½ to 2 hours.
B. Selection of material.
Material selection can be broken down into:
B1. Stainless steel cylinders and cones or domes.
A vast amount of good advice and pure drivel has been written on this subject. So much so, that I had cell builders from USA telling me that the right grade 316l stainless steel is unobtainable over there, and Australia is the only place that is can be sourced from! I have also been told by " experts " that this steel can only be made in the Southern Hemisphere ( due to the Earth's magnetic field rotation, ) and that is why the Joe cell only works in Australia and New Zealand! When I tell them that I cannot afford to buy new steel and obtain most of my stock via scrap metal dealers from dismantled American and British food machinery, they then think I am hiding the truth from them and that I am somehow refusing to show them the " secrets " of the cell design. What can you do with some people?
So, where do we go to get this " unobtanium " material? Where is the line between fact and fiction?
First of all, let's go to the start of Joe and his cell designs. You would have noticed historically that he used plastic and stainless steel in his designs and, irrespective of the material used, ALL types of cells worked for him. So it does not have to be stainless steel at all! As I will show in a later book, stainless steel is really quite a lousy material, but will suffice for this cell. However, as people, including Joe, experimented with various chemicals, they discovered that some stainless steels had three main advantages; namely, it formed a good pressure container, it was impervious to the majority of chemicals and it was " non-magnetic ".
I will list some of the " non-magnetic " stainless steel, but please note that all stainless steel will be magnetic to some slight degree:
AISI 304. Used in dairy, textile, dyeing and chemical industries for containers subject to different types of corrosive conditions.
AISI 316. Parts for chemical and food plants, wearable for high temperature.
AISI 316L. As for 316, but with superior corrosion resistance when exposed to many types of chemical corrosives, as well as marine atmospheres. It also has superior creep strength at elevated temperatures.
AISI 310. Furnace parts, radiant tubes, annealing boxes and heat treatment fixtures.
AISI 410. Cooking utensils, turbine blades, coal screens and pump rods.
AISI 420. For the automobile and aircraft industry. Components such as valves, pistons, and nuts and bolts.
AISI 431. Parts requiring highest strength and rust resistance.
Now, for reasons that I do not fully understand, the Joe cell fraternity has decided that only 316L will do. I have proved over and over that this is a myth. Not only that, I would challenge any builder to pick 316L stainless from similar grades at a scrap metal dealer! What we are looking for are cylinders, cones and domes that have the least remanent paramagnetism. This is easily checked by taking your faithful rare earth magnet to your metal dealer. My magnet is only 5 mm. diameter by 3 mm thick and is attached to a convenient length of fishing line. By swinging the magnet near the stainless steel you will easily see how paramagnetic the steel is. Especially check the longitudinal or spiral seam welding. The magnet will be attracted to the seam, but reject the material if weld seam is discoloured for more than ¼ of an inch ( 6 mm. ), or it is a different thickness to the rest of the metal, or the magnet sticks and stays there supporting its own weight.
* Always have a keeper on your test magnet when you carry it in you pocket, as it just loves to " wipe out " credit cards and similar magnetic stripe products!
* Do not use a ferrite magnet! similar to the easily obtainable round speaker magnets that every experimenter has in abundance. These are nowhere near strong enough and you will be deluded into thinking that you have found " Joe cell steel heaven ", as the stainless steel will pass your magnetic tests.
If you plan to heat treat you cell components after all machining and welding operations, the selection process does not have to be quite so rigorous. I personally would get the least paramagnetic steel anyway, as it is no extra in a scrap dealer and you may not have to heat treat the completed cell.
* If you are buying new stainless stock be prepared for some awfully dodgy 316L stainless.
It seems to vary tremendously with the country of origin. I have found that certified stainless in a plastic wrappers and with '316L' written longitudinally and repetitively along the whole length is generally fine. You will find that when you spin a good piece in a lathe and gently hold it with your hand, a good piece will feel " round ", but with a bad piece, you will feel longitudinal ripples. Similarly when you are cutting a piece of genuine 316L you will hear a ringing and the saw will be really working to cut it. I have cut some so-called 316L that cuts like butter! Believe me, real 316L is a bitch to work with.
Summary of the above. Since 316L is " the best ", try to buy some certified 316L stock. Try to buy some seamless tube if you can. Do not buy any on some salesperson's guarantee that it is non-magnetic. Test it! If they will cut it free of charge, see how they cut it and get it cut at least 1 inch, ( 25 mm. ) oversize. Usually a top supplier will charge about a $1.00 a cut with a liquid cooled band saw. In such a case, you do not require a large waste margin, a ¼ inch will do for you truing operation on the lathe. Make sure that there are no dents or major scratches in the sections that you purchase.
The cones are usually an off-the-shelf reducer and you should have no problems in getting what you want ( except for price ). The cones normally have seam welds, so check these. You can also get of-the-shelf, any compression fitting, flange, thread, blanking cap, bolts, nuts and washer. What you can buy is only limited by the size of your wallet All certified stock, even the washers, will have '316' written or stamped into the component. If you are using dome ends of varying geometrical configurations, you will have to have them hand beaten or spun to you dimensions. I don't have to tell you that anything to do with stainless is expensive. Think about it three times and buy once only! Consider carefully what cone angle you want to use. For example, a cone reducer from 5 inches to 1 inch can be made in many different angles. Do not assume, that because the end holes are the correct diameter, that this automatically makes the optimum cone angle.
B2. Insulation material and cylinder spacers.
The insulation material that is used where the ½ inch ( 12.5 mm. ) bolt exits the lower cell fitting is not that critical. I have used Nylon, Teflon and similar polypropylene and polycarbonates. They all work fine. Find a plastics supplier and rummage through his bin of rod offcuts, or if that fails, you will have to buy some. The colour is not important. I use a white or off white as a preference. Teflon is by far the best, if you can afford it. I do not use it. I buy 2 inch ( 50 mm. ) greasy Nylon rod that is far cheaper and that I machine to my final sizes.
The insulators between the cylinders are a different story. These tend to have deposits formed on them over a long ( over 6 months ) period of time. The can also crack or loose their elasticity causing the cylinders to move, or they will disintegrate or turn to jelly. When I first started on this project, I copied Joe and used rubber " counter hose " as found on the roads in that era for traffic monitoring. This hose material is no longer in use, and there was really nothing special about it, just handy as it was always laying around on some road or other <>.
As my cell design developed, I started matching my materials with the Orgone polarity. I found sulphur based product ideal for the acid cell, so now I use ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) ebonite rod. I am not telling you to start using ebonite rod, only that it is a suitable spacer. Ebonite rod is quite cheap eg. ½
inch diameter by a meter long is about AUS $6.00. In Melbourne you can obtain it from E. C. Menzies Pty. Ltd., 19 Ewing St. Brunswick. Phone is (03) 9387-5544. As purchased, this rod is not polished and you could polish it with fine wet and dry emery paper if you so wish.
You can also use 100% silicon thick wall tubing, or red rubber chemical corks of the right size as recommended by Barry Hilton. I have tried a mixed set of the above in one cell to see which would fail first. I discovered that after 6 months both the silicon tubing and the rubber corks lost some elasticity and although the cylinders had not slipped, in a four wheel drive, rough terrain application, there would have been some problems. A neutral and superior spacer can be machined from Teflon rod and it works very well.
B3. Cell to motor tube.
This one is nice and quick. I have stuck to 1 inch ( 24 mm. ) outer diameter aluminium tube, with a wall thickness of 1/16 of an inch, ( about 1.6 mm. ) so the inside diameter is 20 mm. It is readily obtainable, reasonably easy to bend, electrically conductive and works well as a guide for Orgone. I standardise on 1 inch ( 25 mm. ) outer tube diameter for all the cells that I make and supply and thus the cells are interchangeable for fault finding and performance checking. I would strongly suggest that the bigger groups involved in cell design, should agree to a set of standards for cell design that are mutually agreed to world wide. This would allow mass production of cells with the related advantage of cost cutting and uniformity. Other diameter of tubes and materials can be used, there is no rigid rule. If you find something that works for you and it is readily obtainable and cheap, please let me know so that I can add it as an update to this manual. For example, I have used normal clear plastic water tubing, covered it with aluminium foil and then I have heat shrunk a plastic sleeve over the lot to give it strength. Not as good as solid aluminium, but easy to form and easy to make when you have no access to solid aluminium tube.
So there you have it for the materials. Low component count, therefore simple and close to Nature.
C. Machining operations.
Machining operations can be broken down into;
C1. Cutting operations.
This is one of the important steps in cell construction. As previously stated, any high speed cutting at the steel supplier's premises will probably involve the creation of heat. Any colour change due to heat in the cutting operation must be removed from the final length of the component. That is why I suggested the oversize margin in B1. If the tube is cut with a liquid cooled bimetallic blade or at low feed speeds with a metal cutting disk, you will not see any colour change whatsoever! When I cut my tubing at home, I simply use a 4 inch ( 100 mm. ) angle grinder in a cutting attachment and slowly rotate the tube as I cut the steel. There is no colour change and I can cut my tubes so close to the finished size that the lathe work is only a truing operation. As mentioned above, I true the tubes and match for length at slow speed in the lathe. The final matching of the cylinders is done by holding a metal ruler across the tops of two cylinders. You should see no light under any of the four contact spots. I match all my cylinders starting at the 1 inch one and work outwards.
This is not a difficult operation. I use about 400 grade emery paper and whilst the part is rotating in the lathe, I polish the internal and external tube surfaces. Do not polish to leave cross hatch marks, ie. do not move your emery paper laterally back wards and forwards at speed. Make you lateral traverses slowly. That's it, no mysterious techniques.
I have my parts either Tig, Mig or plain old oxy acetylene welded with 316L rod or wire. Again no mysterious techniques, just a good welder.
C4. Insulators and spacers.
I turn my chosen spacer material on the lathe. I cut off my ebonite rod or Teflon to ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) lengths on the lathe. Ditto, no mysteries.
As you can see, there is no laser cutting or matching to angstrom units for part dimensions. Nor is there any submerged welding by highly qualified aircraft experts. All operation can be performed by a handyman or the nearest machine shop.
C5. Press fit operations.
I sometimes press fit components. At all times, as a result of the press fit process, I make sure that I have no change in internal dimension and the press fit is exactly that, ie. not a finger push fit. I clean and " pickle " the surface prior to the press fit operation for about 15 minutes and then wash off the chemicals in juvenile water. On the external side of the press fit, I deposit a ring of 24 hour Araldite to guard against any weepage of electrolyte. The adhesive you, use whatever it is, must not be accessible to the internal working of the cell, otherwise it will deposit itself all over the cylinders and insulators and diminish or " kill " cell operation.
The following options are possible;
D1. Construction of a charging vat.
The options are related to the cone diameters As explained in A1, I make the small charging vats; Joe, Barry and others make the large ones that use 10 inch ( 250 mm. ) cones. There are variations in the quantity of cones, as used by Joe, and this is covered in detail in Barry's book. I prefer to use 8 cones, 1 reflector, 1 positive, 2 negative and 4 " spacers ". There are also variations in the support method of the cones. I prefer the central Nylon rod. Others prefer spacers between all the cones around the periphery of adjacent cones and an agricultural pipe up the middle of the cones ( see Barry's book).
As mentioned previously, unless you are after a vast quantity of charged water or have scum problems, you will not need it.
D2. Construction of 4 cylinder test cell.
You can have the outer container made from glass or acrylic ( Perspex ), but in all cases, make sure it is clear. The other variation is in the method of extracting the negative, either with a stainless steel strap out the top, or with a stainless steel bolt out the bottom. Again, it is up to you. The bolt out the bottom is a pain, as the container now has to be supported by a suitable stand. Also, the bolt method introduces further costs. For a test cell, it is not mandatory to use a bolt entry from the bottom of the cell.
D3. Construction of 4 cylinder car cell.
See notes for 5 cylinder car cell.
D4. Construction of 5 cylinder test cell.
See notes for 4 cylinder test cell.
D5. Construction of 5 cylinder car cell.
The variations are quite numerous. The obvious ones are the composition of the spacers and insulators. This I have covered and will not repeat.
We have a choice in the way that we " join " the outer cylinder with the cones or domes or plates .
We have a choice in the support mechanism for the inner cylinders.
We have a choice in the geometric shape of our top and bottom " covers ".
We have a choice in the way that we attach the ½ inch bolt to the 1 inch tube.
We have a choice in the outlet fitting type.
E1. Charging vat.
There are several versions of the charging vat. There is a thorough coverage by Barry Hilton in his book. I suggest that the reader has a look and then they can decide which version they want to build.
Either way, apart from size and some minor details, the vats are very similar. The one that I am about to describe is my version and matches the previous part list. I will keep this section brief, on the assumption that you have seen Barry's book. As you can see, the photos make the construction quite clear.
E1a. I will mention a few pointers that may be not clear from the photographs:
* Remove the metal mandrel head out of the pop rivets as the remanent head is not stainless steel and will be magnetic and will rust.
* The stainless steel strap from the two negative cones must not be cut, and thus is one continuous length ( as described in Barry's book ).
* The function of the O rings, is to allow the gasses liberated by electrolysis to pass via the irregularly cut central holes of the cones. You place one O-ring on each side of the Nylon spacers. So the order would be, one cone, one O-ring, one Nylon spacer, one O-ring and finally the next cone and so on with the next O-ring, etc. until you complete the cone stack.
As you can see, I have left this section very brief on the assumption that most readers will not build a charging vat, or if they did, there is sufficient information above if you study the photos.
E2. 4 cylinder test cell.
I will not cover this test cell, as it is the same as the 5 cylinder test cell, minus one cylinder.
E3 4 cylinder car cell.
I will not cover this car cell, as it is the same as the 5 cylinder car cell, minus one cylinder.
I have however, provided ample photographic views of the construction.
E4. 5 cylinder test cell.
E4a. The 5 cylinder test cell is similar to the 5 cylinder car cell as described in E5 below. When you complete you 5 cylinder sub-assembly as per E5c, palace it to one side and proceed with next step.
E4b. Have somebody drill the appropriate size hole in the bottom of the jar to match the stepped washer as per E5e. I drill my own hole in the glass, using the right size outer diameter copper tube. I attach this copper tube in a slowly rotating vertical drill and lubricate the copper cutting edge with a mixture of kerosene and fine valve grinding compound. The grinding compound can be obtained from any motor accessory shop. Go nice and easy, and frequently add new cutting paste. Haste means a broken jar, so do not say I did not warn you. When finished, dispose of the ground glass, paste, etc. in a safe way.
E4c. Assemble cylinder sub-assembly to glass jar as per car cell assembly. Do not over-tighten the nut! Fill with juvenile water, test for leaks, etc.
E5. 5 cylinder car cell.
E5a. Rather than covering the construction of Mark 1, Mark 2, mark 3, etc. types of cell, I will cover the construction of a 5 cylinder that I consider as the " best " of the simple type of Orgone accumulators that we have called the Joe cell. I cannot see any value in covering the other variants of simple type of 5 cylinder cells, only to tell you at the end to build the one I am about to describe.
E5b. Make sure that you hands are not oily and re-check that all cylinders are clean. Obtain a kitchen cutting board or a piece of MDF or chip-board or any smooth and level surface will do. We will assemble the cell upside down on this flat surface, as this will ensure that the finished cell will be flat across the tops of the cylinders, ie. the side that is on the flat surface ( as this is the critical area! ). As your cylinders will not be perfectly identical in length, this method will also place the irregularities towards the bottom of the cell, where it is not as important.
* The first step is to prepare our ½ bolt, so that the hexagon head is a tight press fit into one end of the 1 inch cylinder. A minimum amount is ground or turned to off from the hexagon head so that the bolt head is a tight interference fit inside the tube. I have seen bolts with unaltered heads hammered into the pipe. Depending on the bolt, this caused the tube to assume a hexagonal appearance where the bolt head was forced into the tube. It still works okay, but it is not aesthetically pleasing. If you perform the task correctly, there will be a minimum of distortion to the outside of the tube and the water will be able to flow easily in and out the tube via the hexagonal flats of the bolt head, as they are not touching the inside walls of the tube.
* The head of the bolt is pressed into the tube until the bottom of the head is in the tube by ¼ of an inch or 6 mm. See diagram and picture. If you look through the tube you must see adequate clearance for water flow. On the bolts I use, when I finish the lathe work, all the hexagon shape is removed and I have to grind 3 slots in the head with my angle grinder to provide channels for water flow. When you roll the 1 inch tube on a flat surface the bolt shaft should roll with no wobble. This verifies that you have pressed the bolt head squarely into the tube. It is easy to drive some bolts into the tube and not keep it concentric-centric with the tube. The end result is that the whole inner cylinder assembly will be askew and interfere with the proper seeding of the cell.
E5c. Now take your 1 inch tube and place it upright on your assembly board, with ( obviously ) the bolt toward your face. Remember that the flat board end of the tube will finish up as the top of the inner cylinder assembly. Take you 2 inch tube, slip it over the 1 inch tube and position it so that there is an equal gap between the 2 inch and the 1 inch tube. As you build up your inner cylinder assembly you will repeat this step with you 3 inch and 4 inch tubes.
* Take 3 of you chosen ½ inch (12 mm. ) long insulating spacers and force them into the gap between the tubes at 120 degree spacing. Push your insulating spacers into the tube until they are below the tube edge by ¼ of an inch ( 6 mm. ). As I use ½ inch ebonite spacers, I have to file a flat to reduce the overall diameter of the ebonite before I press fit them into the tube. I place this longitudinal flat towards the convex or outer cylinder surface for best friction fit. If you use Teflon or Nylon rod, you will have to machine this tolerance factor into you rod diameter before you cut it up into you ½ inch spacers. Naturally, this problem does not exist with rubber hose or any other malleable material. You will find that if you use a malleable material, with time, your cylinders will sag and you will lose your critical level top line-up from inner cylinder to inner cylinder. In that case, I would suggest that you make a supporting comb assembly under the cylinders to support them. I have made these out of Perspex ( acrylic ) and they resemble a comb with the teeth facing upwards. The cylinders fit in the roots of these teeth, with the teeth spacing being the gap between adjacent cylinders. Please be wary of the type and quantity of acrylic that you use. Several experimenters have found that some grades of acrylic can short circuit the cylinders if used for separators or support medium. Avoid acrylic and similar materials until you become more proficient with cell characteristics.
* You now reverse your 1 inch tube and do the above, for the top 3 insulators. As the bolt body is obviously in you way when you try to place the tube on your flat surface, you will have to drill a ½ inch hole in your assembly board. I hope that it is not your wife's or girlfriends chopping board or bread board! So now the finished product is a 2 inch cylinder supported by 3 top and 3 bottom spacers with a dead flat relative top surface.
* The above procedure is repeated for your 2 inch to 3 inch tubes, and your 3 inch to 4 inch tubes. I find that for the 3 inch to 4 inch tubes, it is better to use 4 insulators at each end for a total of 8 instead of 6 inter tube spacers. The reason is that the larger diameter of the 4 inch tube now allows considerable flexure and 3 insulators at each end are not enough for a firm fit.
* There is no magic in the alignment of inter tube insulator line-up. Some perfectionists insist in having 3 radial lines ( as in three spokes of a bicycle wheel ), radiating out from the center, with 120 degree spacing. I have not found this critical. You now have a inner tube cylinder sub-assembly completed. The last step is to put the assembly back on your flat surface with the eventual working top down, and the bolt pointing up towards you. Now with a wooden or rubber mallet, gently tap all the cylinder edges, as to force the eventual top surface to be perfectly flat. Great, put this sub assembly to one side and let's move on.
E5d. To assemble the outer case of the cell, the following welding and machining operations are required:
* Have your top cone to compression fitting welded together. I would suggest that your compression fitting is designed for 1 inch ( 24 mm. ) outer diameter tube. This way, all club members or larger groups will be able to interchange cells as a help with car conversions. After the above welding, remove any " dags " that resulted from the welding operation. Grind and polish this junction, so that the internal transition from cone to outlet fitting is as smooth as you can achieve, without ridiculous fastidiousness. Check that the joint is water tight.
* Press fit your modified thread to one end of the 5 inch cylinder, making sure that the 5 inch cylinder protrudes slightly below this male thread, so there is metal to metal contact with the lower cap when it is assembled and the 5 inch nut is done up . This step must also allow reasonable compression of the O-ring. See pictures.
* Have the cone welded to the other end of the 5 inch cylinder. As in the step above make sure that the transition from cone to outer cylinder is smooth on the inside. Check that the joint is water tight.
* At this stage, have you outer assembly heat treated to remove the paramagnetism from the welding operation. I do not do this, I use the unit as it ends up after welding and the cell works okay, but to guarantee the success of your cell, I would strongly recommend the heat treatment step. When the unit come back from the heat treatment people, lightly repolish the outside and inside. Also, at this stage, run a bead of 24 hour Araldite, or similar, over the outside only junction of the pressed thread ring and the 5 inch cylinder. This will ensure that you will not have any slight electrolyte weepage from the press fit. This completes the outer case construction. Place it next to you completed inner cylinder assembly and lets move on.
E5e. All that is left to do is to complete the lower cap and ½ inch bolt support system. In the middle of the lower cap, you will need a hole that is ½ inch ( 12 mm. ) greater in diameter than the shaft diameter of the bolt. So for example, if your bolt shaft was ½ inch diameter, you would drill a 1 inch hole in the lower cap plate. This allows a ¼ inch ( 6 mm.) gap that will be filled up by your inner insulating washer.
* You now require a 1 inch ( 25 mm. ) length of thin wall tubing that you push onto the bolt until it touches the lower edge of the bolt head. Make sure that the outer diameter of this sleeve tube is not so large that it blocks the water flow in and out of the 1 inch cylinder.
* The next step is to make 2 washers from Nylon, Teflon, etc. The inner washer will be stepped ( see photo ). The smaller diameter step will have a 1 inch outer diameter and deep enough to be nearly as thick as the cap material thickness. The outer diameter of this stepped washer is not critical, so about 1.5 inches will do .The thickness of this larger diameter matches the distance that the bolt is inserted inside the 1 inch tube. So, ¼ inch ( 6 mm. ) is required in our example. This will result in the inner cylinder assembly being 1 inch above the lower cap. This insulator has a central hole drilled through it to exactly match the shaft diameter of the chosen bolt. A tight fit here will minimise and water loss down the bolt and thus out of the cell. The insulator that is on the bolt on the outside of the lower cap is easier to make. Make it about ¼ inch ( 6 mm. ) thick and 1.5 inches wide. The hole in the center is again made to match the shaft diameter of the bolt.
E5f. Now assemble the inner cylinder assembly to the lower cap plate. With clean hands, place the inner cylinder assembly top down, bolt up, on your flat plate. If not already done, slip your 1 inch long spacer sleeve onto the bolt. Next apply Vaseline ( petroleum jelly ), liberally all over the bolt shaft and inner washer. Place the inner washer onto the bolt so that the smaller diameter step is facing you and liberally cover this step with more Vaseline. Now place the lower cap onto the bolt the right way round, so that the 1 inch step of the inner insulator fits into the 1 inch hole of the lower cap. Again liberally apply Vaseline on the outer insulator and slip this over the bolt. Next, put you washer, electrical lug and nut on the bolt ( see photo ). Tighten the nut more than hand tight but not excessively. Check your handiwork, make sure you remove excess Vaseline also ensuring you do not get any on the cylinders or over the inside of the cap plate.
E5g. Take you outer casing, Vaseline the O-ring and sit it in the groove of the 5 inch male thread. Lower your completed inner assembly and make sure that the lower cap plate fits snugly into the 5 inch outer tube, without disturbing the O-ring. Take your 5 inch nut and screw it on the thread. Use reasonable force to do the nut up.
E5h. Fill the cell up right to the top with juvenile water and leave it overnight in an area or surface where you will be able to see any leaks. If there were no leaks, pour out the water and give yourself a pat on the back. Why? Because you are finished. You can now insert fresh juvenile water to the correct level and start your charging operations. Good going!
SEED DIAMETER/HEIGHT RATIO
" Nature is the embodiment of the simplest conceivable mathematics. "
To calculate the height of the cylinders for maximum efficiency, proceed as follows:
1. As covered in greater detail in the chapter on " Charging the water ", make sure that you have your chosen test current flowing through the cell. I normally adjust my electrolyte to obtain a repeatable current flow of 1 Ampere with 12 Volts across the cell.
2. Place a known voltage across the innermost cylinder and the outermost cylinder. For car use, I suggest 12 Volts from a car battery or equivalent. The negative goes to the inside bottom of the innermost cylinder, ( normally 1" diameter ), and the positive goes to the outside top of the outermost cylinder, ( normally 4" or 5" diameter ). Measure this voltage accurately!
3. Now leave one lead of the voltmeter on the inner cylinder, and with the other lead, find the half voltage point radially from the inner cylinder to a point in the water. Do your best to memorise this point. Now place one lead of the meter on the outer cylinder and with the other lead, find the half voltage point radially towards the inner cylinder. Note this point. It will be close to the first measured point, but not necessarily the same point! If there is a difference halve the difference and record.
4. Measure diametrically the distance from the centre of the innermost cylinder to the half voltage point as measured plus the difference, if any. Double this measurement! This is the diameter of the " seed " circumference. For example on a 4,3,2,1 cylinder cell, the total diameter was 2.24" and for a 5,4,3,2,1 cylinder cell, the total distance was 2.83"
5. By using the natural logarithm of the height of the cylinder, we can interpolate and work out our optimum cylinder heights. The formula is: h = e to the power of d ( h = height of cylinder, e = 2.718281...,d = seed diameter ). All measurements must be in inches. I have worked out some standard size values for you. You can easily work out your value from the following table.
Cylinder Seed Cylinder Seed
height diameter height diameter
6" 1.79" 13" 2.56"
6.5" 1.87" 13.5" 2.60"
7" 1.95" 14" 2.64"
7.5" 2.01" 14.5" 2.67"
8" 2.08" 15" 2.71"
8.5" 2.14" 15.5" 2.74"
9" 2.20" 16" 2.77"
9.5" 2.25" 16.5" 2.80"
10" 2.30" 17" 2.83"
10.5" 2.35" 17.5" 2.86"
11" 2.40" 18" 2.89"
11.5" 2.44" 18.5" 2.92"
12" 2.48" 19" 2.94"
12.5" 2.53" 19.5" 2.97"
6. So in 4. above, we would use inner cylinders of about 9.4" for the 4 cylinder cell and we would use 17" cylinders for the 5 cylinder cell. If this height is too long for you, you can use the next submultiple for the longer cylinders, ie. 8.5" for the 17" cylinders, etc. There is a corresponding loss in " breeding " output, but as long as your cell is not too leaky and you are not travelling in a strip of low level Orgone you should get away with it.
7. At no stage should you use inner cylinders of a length of less than 7" of cylinder height for the most common cubic capacity car engines. Of course, for test cells, you will be able to get away with lower surface area cylinders. I use 5 inch ( 125 mm. ) high cylinders in my test cell, as this allows me to use less water during experiments.
Final note on the above. Many many cells have been built without going to, or knowing about, the above table and they all work to a degree, well enough to start the car. As a simple reliable rule that works, use 7 inch long inner cylinders and a 9 inch long outer
WATER TYPE AND IT'S RELATION TO THE CELL
" Water is a living substance! "
As seen on the chapter on Orgone polarity, we have the choice of negative Orgone, positive Orgone or a combination of both. Combined polarity Orgone cells are more suited for use in real Orgone motors and " anti-gravity devices " as used by the people in the know, but the funds, time and permission are out of the realm of the normal back yard experimenter. So as far as these notes are concerned, scratch that option out. A positive cell would require alkalies, different insulators, 316S stainless steel and water with a natural pH of 7 or more. For many reasons, I did not choose to go in that direction.
As I will explain shortly, I choose to make only negative cells, and these notes are based on the construction of negative cells. Do not read negative as not as good as positive. They perform the identical functions, all that we are doing is sitting on the left side of a see-saw and not the right side.
What do I mean by negative or positive cells? Simply stated, a negative cell is based on acidic water and related materials and a positive cell is based on alkaline water and related materials.
As discovered by many experimenters and holy people, Orgone, or the life force, loves or has a great affinity for water. Just as well, or we and the rest of the planet's " living " creations would not be here. So the first step in our quest to build an accumulator is to provide for whatever we are trying to accumulate, a container or area where we can accomplish this task. Okay, I far as I am concerned, we are trying to accumulate Orgone energy, thus the aim of the game for me, is to provide the most attractive and pleasant area to allow this energy to gather and then I concentrate, focus and utilise the energy before finally releasing it back to where it came from. If we assume for the moment that Orgone will be accumulated by water, the next question is obvious, what type of water, in what type of container, how large? etc.
Here experimenters have gone in all directions and a huge mythology from armchair experts has developed to show the way to the " blind ". Let me state from the start that Reich and others have spent their lives telling us how and what to do. I have compiled a great deal of scientific information, and as such, I am standing on many great shoulders that have passed before me to give me a better view of the problem, and I claim no credit. The only credit I claim is that I have got up from my backside and have actually done something with this information. So by doing, now I know, like you will, if you ever make a cell.
So, as I am dealing with living energies, it makes absolute sense to me to accumulate these energies in a medium of their choice, ie. in living water! All water is not just plain old water, nor are all pure waters the same, or pure. Unfortunately, the experimenter grasps on the word " pure " and immediately images of " pure " water from the local supermarket or distilled or rain water or his favourite filtered tap water flashes into his head. No, No, No! I am deliberately belabouring this point as it is critical in the construction of easy seeding, breeding and low leakage cells. Get your water right or stop reading here and use these notes to light fires.
Okay you say, let's move on, what is this magic water? Pure water means that good old mankind did not get a chance to " help " the water to make it better with additives, or the water has not lain around in metal or cement pipes until we want to use it, nor has it been ripped apart by turbines and pumps, nor has it lain stagnant and motionless in the Sun, nor has it flowed next to roads to have all the car combustion heavy metals fall into it, nor has it flowed underneath high tension power lines, nor has it had all the guttering from thousands of houses dump their toxins into it, nor has it had thousands of roads and streets drop its pollutants and waste into it. I mean, you must be getting the drift by now. The water you drink out of your tap is dead, distilled water is dead, tank water from roofs, etc. may be dead and toxic, water you buy from the supermarket is dead, and river and creek water that you may get downstream after it passes through towns and cities is also useless.
I use what I call juvenile or virgin water. By that I mean water that I get at the start of rivers or creeks. Juvenile water is like a child looking out for new experiences as it leaps, rolls, swirls and runs in shady, rocky and self selected pathways. It is the life blood of Mother Earth and a living thing. It has the ability to store these " pleasant " memories, or life-beneficial frequencies. I do not have to tell any reader how cold and how invigorating a mountain stream is. That is the right water! We do not want the water after it has experienced the memories and thus the frequencies from mankind's help, unless we can remove these detrimental memories.
I have my favourite water catchment area well outside Melbourne, Australia, where all the above conditions are met. There are no roads, powerlines, dams, pipes or any man made intrusions, the water flows how and where it wants to in natural, twisty downhill paths it has created, the whole area is green all year round and you can feel the vitality and Nature at work. Absolutely beautiful! No wonder that village people in mountain areas live so long.
From " Living Water ", a book by Olof Alexandersson:
"...Schauberger did not approve of pumped sub-surface water as drinking water. This water forced artificially from the depth was " immature " - it had not yet passed through the whole of its natural cycle, and therefore in the long term would be injurious to man, animals, and even plants. Only the water that runs out from the soil by itself in the form of springs and streams is suitable as drinking water....Water flowing from a natural source, particularly a mountain spring, acts in quite a different way. Schauberger found that if one drank a litre of this water - thus presumably increasing one's weight by approximately a kilo, - the net increase in weight was in fact only 300-400g. The remaining water must have been converted directly into energy to the body, thereby explaining the enormously enlivening quality that this water gives..."
Again, the above shows the difference in the energy content of different waters. If we relate this energy content to negative entropy that the Orgone energy possesses, we can readily see how it thus combats positive entropy or death that all bodies strive for. Put in another way we live, and so does the Joe cell as a result of taking in Orgone energy in many forms, including water. Also, I would like to distinguish between Schauberger's term " immature " and my term " juvenile ". Juvenile water is mature water before it is influenced by the bad memories ( frequencies ) that good-old-mankind has provided. Immature water is water that has not recorded the essential frequencies that Mother Nature provides. As such immature water is not what you should strive for, if you want quick seeding and breeding of your cells.
The water I use in its natural state has a pH of 6.5. That means it is slightly acidic and perfect for the negative cells that I make. I bring this water home making sure that I protect it from excessive sloshing and the heat of the sunlight whilst in the car. At home, I store it in 20 litre Pyrex bottles. Do not store it in plastic containers even if the container is marked " suitable for water ". Earthenware or wood containers would also be very suitable.
So the first thing you need when you find your own magic spot is some 0-14 Litmus paper. This is quite cheap and you can get a small quantity from your nearest swimming pool supplier. There is no use in buying a $1000.00 pH meter that is accurate to zillions of decimal places. All you want to know is, if the water is alkaline or acid.
The water will be either:
A. Neutral, ie. pH is approximately 7. In this case the ion level is too low for electrolysis and you
will have to add electrolyte. ( See Perfect Science note below ).
B. Acid, ie. pH varies from 7 down to 1. As this is what we require for a negative cell, grab some
and bring it home.
C. Alkaline, ie. pH varies from 7 to 14. You may make a positive cell with this, as many people
do. I personally am not interested, and therefore, I do not cover a positive cell construction in
Be wary of any juvenile water with a pH of 5 or less, as the natural water acid level is getting too high due to pollutants or a high concentration of minerals. I personally have not used such water and can offer no guidance.
In the section on cell construction, I cover the stages required to bring this water to the right " working strength ".
Perfect Science water
I will give you a brief summary of a talk by Drunvalo Melchezidek, regarding very wonderful news. The full talk can be found on ( http://www.transformacomm.com/ )
" ... Some Sufi masters in Turkey have presented to the world with a water that appears to be alive. This water has different effects on different things. It seems to have an optimal effect on whatever it touches.
... This water is called super-ionised water. A company out of Istanbul Turkey, has been started by Ihan Doyuk, and is called Perfect Science. A 48 million-dollar plant has been built in Turkey to produce 100,000 tons of this water a day.
... The only difference is in the number of electrons that are in the outer orbit. ... it has three extra electrons in the outer orbit.... all the scientists and physicists and the chemists of the world have been studying this for the past few years and have been keeping it secret. Not one of them, ... can explain how it is happening. They don't know! ... it appears as though ... it is alive and it knows what it's doing!
... But if you put the wires in super-ionised water, the light bulb comes on. No one has seen that before. That is impossible by everything that we know. And there is a flow of electrical energy through the water, that they are describing as liquid electrons. "
What is so exciting about the above extract is that the water is conductive with a pH of 7! This is exactly what the Joe cell experimenter needs for the electrolysis of the Joe cell without electrolyte. The end result is no more deposits, large ion flow, lower cell maintenance and a far superior cell as an Orgone accumulator. A recent quote from Michel Foisy ( email@example.com ), is USD$27.00 for one US gallon and USD$8.50 for air mail shipping. Worth a thought. I will give at later date, a progress result on the batch that I am testing.
A typical and very suitable mixture is described in United States Patent 5,231,954 by Gene. B. Stowe under the production of a hydrogen/oxygen cell.
For people without Internet I will briefly quote the relevant section;
"...an electrolyte solution can be made by mixing small quantities of phosphoric acid ( food grade ), sodium perborate ( to supply extra oxygen), and acetanilide as a stabiliser, in deionised water or distilled water. The quantities of these chemicals may be varied between rather wide ranges, the object being to provide reasonable flow of current between the two electrodes. "
He goes on ( in section 6, 65 onwards ), to explain a typical method of making this mixture. I would suggest that if you made the above, you used juvenile water for dilution, and that you leave out the stabiliser as it is expensive and not essential for our needs. The end mixture works extremely well and you will only have to add a couple of spoonful's of Gojuice to achieve 1 Amp of current flow at 12 Volts in you car or test cell.
It should now be self explanatory that constructors that use water without knowing the pH and then mix it with various chemistry, eg. " caustic soda ", an alkaline that is popular ( probably because every house has some ) and dubious insulator materials, are doomed to failure. Caustics just loves to chew at insulators. Believe me, stay with mild acids.
You may use vinegar or acetic acid that you use for cleaning the stainless steel and kill two birds with one stone. I personally have made my own mix that I call " Gojuice " as explained above. Acetic acid or vinegar is fine, but, please note that if you use vinegar, as the quantity of vinegar added to the cell is quite large, ( by volume ) you will have to be careful that the vinegar was made with the " right " water. This would be highly unlikely, so it should be used as a last resort. With acetic acid make sure that it is 90% acetic acid and if you obtain it from a photography chemical supplier, make sure that there is no stabiliser or indicator included in the mixture. It is because of the dubious nature of the water that is used for the vinegar and acetic products that I have taken the far more expensive path of using Gojuice.
In closing let me say, that it would be absolutely stupid to get naturally acidic water then electrolyse it with an alkaline and then complain that you are getting sludge formations and the cell does not work.
cylinder for a 4 cylinder cell. Use 8 inch long inner cylinders and a 10 inch long outer cylinder for a 5 cylinder cell.
CHARGING THE WATER
" When water is agitated and coiled, radio-axially, with light, heat and air excluded,
diamagnetic forces are generated.
You are reading this chapter because, you now have a container of the right water and you are ready to pour it into your test cell, or your car cell.
You will need the following:
* A multimeter with an amperage range that can read up to at least 2 Amperes.
The same multimeter or a meter that can read up to 20 Volts direct current.
The same multimeter or a meter that can read up to at least 10 Megohms resistance.
* A funnel with a built in filter or a normal funnel into which you can place a paper coffee filter.
* Your chosen electrolyte.
* A battery charger or similar that can supply about 4 Amperes at approximately 12 Volts. Most battery chargers put out much more but, at this stage, it is not critical . You may alternatively want to use a fully charged 12 Volt battery or a power supply. The aim is to have a reproducible voltage with an output current capability of about 2 Amperes.
* A pair of leads that you can clip from the power source to your cell. I would strongly suggest that you identify your leads and clips, so that you will not reverse your polarity to the cell. We want to always place the negative lead to the bottom of the centre cylinder and the positive lead to the top of the outermost cylinder.
* A working area where the cell can be left undisturbed for a period of time, in the worst case, 4 weeks. I know, I know, you are in a hurry! But unfortunately for you, Mother Nature has infinite time and she is in control of this project.
* A top, lid, or some way of sealing of the cell from air. Now, I am not recommending an airtight seal, even a lid loosely sitting on top of your test jar is sufficient. The seeding and breeding process is hampered by having too great an area of the top of the cell being exposed to air. All lids are not the same as regards to being a obstruction to Orgone. If the lid does not seem to be working, place a layer of aluminium foil ( as used in kitchen stoves ) underneath the lid and use the foil and lid as one unit.
The charging process
pH The aim is to modify the conductivity of your water by the addition of acid, ( in this case ) so as to get a suitable and repeatable current flow. If we used de-ionised water with a pH of 7.0, we would have a very low current flow for our electrolysis, and would have to add something to increase the conductivity of the water if we wanted observable results in a short period of time. As we change our pH either higher ( alkaline ) or lower ( acid ) away from a pH of 7.0, our current flow and electrolysis process will increase together with the resultant heat increase and the stripping and plating of the metals from the cylinders.
We are trying to achieve electrolysis action with the minimum heat generation and also the minimum metal removal from our cylinders. Also please note as mentioned previously, the propagation of Orgone is reasonably slow, thus there is not much to be achieved with excessive current ( and thus electrolysis ). Slow and steady does it, just like in Nature. For the patient experimenter or one that is using neat water, ie. water without electrolyte, excellent results are achieved with currents as low as 50 m/Amps.
As we are only interested in acid cells in this manual, our pH will be 7.0 or lower. You will find that to get a current flow of 1 Amp at 12 Volts, your pH will be very close to a pH of 2 to 3. The importance of the pH reading was only relevant during the choosing of the right water as per Chapter 7. In this chapter there is no further use for pH readings during the charging process.
Whilst on the topic of pH, an experimenter has found that with the use of a very expensive digital pH meter, he is able to tell the state of charge of the cell. This theory is not 100% verified at the moment, but is mentioned for the sake of completeness.
1. Have your cell sitting on a wooden work bench or on a sheet of plastic type material or, as a last resort, on a newspaper. We are trying to insulate the cell from metal paths that may impede the seeding process.
2. Now with you meter set to read resistance, preferably on your highest resistance scale, read the resistance from the inner to the outer cylinder of you cell. It should be in the high Megohm range. If not, your insulators are conductive and you did not follow the previous cell construction recommendations. Remove offending insulators, reassemble carefully, measure and move on.
3. If all is okay in the above step, fill the cell via your funnel with the enclosed filter. Next, and this is critical, fill it only level with the top of the cylinders and no more! The effect that you want to create is a set of water cells separated by metal cylinders. These are your alternate organic and non-organic chambers. Of course the submerged section of you chambers are flooded, but with this simple cell, the top will be doing all the work .Now you may also realise why the cylinders have to match on the top, as otherwise the meniscus formed by the water would not work and the water would flow from compartment to compartment. This level is only critical during the seeding process, as we require maximum Orgone capture to seed the cell. Naturally, with a charged cell, the water is sloshing all over the place whilst you are driving your car. Joe did say that during charging, the water would find its own level and then use no more. So with long periods of electrolysis, you would find that the above described level is where you would end up with anyway and then the cell would start seeding. With my method, by starting at the right level, you will not waste hours of time creating steam, oxygen, hydrogen and chemical deposits as a result of electrolysis.
4. Turn on the power supply, and if it is adjustable, set it to 12 Volts. Connect the positive end of your power source to the top of the outer cylinder. Connect the negative end of your power source to one end of your meter that is set up to read a minimum of 2 Amperes. Connect the other end of the meter to the bottom of the central cylinder. What we have simply done is set up the meter to read any current flow into your cell from the power source. At this stage, if your water is close to a pH of 7, as previously discussed, the current flow will be zero, or in the low m/Amp region. If you are reading Amps, you are doing something wrong! Contrary to what " experts " tell you, it is impossible to draw huge current from pure water ( unless it is Perfect Science water ) . Think about it. To draw even 1 Amp at 12 Volts, the resistance of the water would have to be, by Ohms law, 12 Ohms! No way! You are doing something wrong. Find the problem and then move on.
5. Presuming that you only read m/Amps, you now want to introduce electrolyte to electrolyse your cell. The aim is to get a standard current flow for your electrolysis. To do this, drip a small amount of your chosen electrolyte into the cell water whilst stirring and watching your Amp meter. Use a glass or Perspex or wood dowel rod for the stirrer, do not use your handy paint-stirring screw driver! Throw away you wood dowel when finished as it will absorb chemistry. Do plenty of gentle stirring of the water as you add the electrolyte, otherwise you will add too much electrolyte! Stop adding electrolyte when the meter indicates 1 Amp. Your water level may rise as a consequence of the addition of electrolyte. Remove some water out of you cell. I use a pipette, so as not to disturb the cell. Remove enough water to again just expose the top of the cylinders. At this stage, disconnect your meter and power source and have a bit of a clean up as the next stages are observation.
The charging process is separated in three distinct stages that I call Stage 1, 2 and 3. These stages have some obvious differences and also some subtle ones . With experience you will know immediately if the cell is charged, but in your early attempts you will have to rely on my photographs and description or visit someone with a working cell. Do not listen to armchair scientists. One look is worth a thousand words.
For the rest of your charging process, you will be only connecting your power source to the cell for a maximum of 5 minutes at a time. As Orgone lags electricity by about 30 seconds, you will know the state of the cell in less than a minute. Do not be tempted to leave the power connected to the cell for long periods! Yes, I know that you are in a hurry and more is better, but in this case you only generate heat, steam, waste power and overheat the cell. You can pick the failures by seeing their cells running non-stop for days with 20 or more amps turning the water to steam, etching the cylinders and ending up with a barrel full of scum. What else would you expect? After all, electrolysis is time and current related. If you have had the misfortune of having your cell left on for a long period with high current, you have probably destroyed your cylinders. You cannot polish this etching or plating out. Yes, you throw the cell away and start again. I bet you don't do it next time!
DANGER! Do not charge any cell that is totally sealed! The cell will explode, with all the related consequences. Always remove the lid or unplug the car cell before doing any charging. I repeat, an airtight seal IS NOT REQUIRED! At no stage do I prescribe any form of airtight container.
Stage 1. This stage is plain old electrolysis. Due to us passing a direct current through a liquid that contains ions, chemical changes will occur. In our case, you will see small bubbles and a cloud of activity that is greater nearest the outside of the inner negative cylinder. The important observation points are that the activity is greatest nearest the central cylinder and gets progressively less as we move outward via the different chambers formed by the rest of the cylinders. Additionally, within a short period of turning the power off, all activity stops, the water becomes clear and the bubbles disappear.
Summary stage 1. Every fool and his dog gets to this stage. The secret is not to increase the electrolyte and thus the current and/or leaving the cell on for days on end. Be patient, leave the cell on for no longer than 5 minutes, turn the power source off, remove the leads to the cell, and put the top on the test cell, or partially block off the exit of the car cell. It does not have to be airtight! Go and do something else. It is like waiting for a tree to grow from the seed. Do this on a daily basis for days or a week or longer until you get to stage 2. You will find that the more " alive " the water is , the quicker is the seeding of the cell. I have found that the storage, age, and source of the water all affect the seeding speed. I have also found that by changing the structure of the water by various means eg. vortexing, shaking, filtering, etc., you can greatly enhance the water quality to make it more " alive ".
Stage 2. You will now notice on your initial powering up of the cell, that the bubbles are getting larger and the white cloud of tiny bubbles in the water are much smaller or more transparent. Also in stage 1, you had the action occurring mainly in the proximity of the central cylinder. Now the bubbles form in a regular fashion irrespective of location in the cell. More importantly, on turning the power off from the cell, the bubbles do not go away immediately but stay there for minutes rather than seconds as in stage 1. Also, the top of the water assumes a glazed look and the meniscus is higher due to a change in the surface tension of the water. At this stage you may have some brownish material amongst your bubbles. Don't panic. It is only the impurities being removed from the cell. I find that if I wipe the top surface of the water with a paper towel, the bubbles and the deposit will adhere to the paper and can easily be removed. Top up the cell, if required, after the above cleaning, so that again, only the top edge of the cylinders are just showing.
Note. All topping up of the cell at any stage is done with plain juvenile water only. No more electrolyte is added! In cleaning the top of the cell as described, it has been observed that some people react unfavourably with the cell. If so, keep that person away, or if it is you, try changing you hand ie. use your right instead of your left or vice verse. If the presence of your hand seems to collapse the surface bubbles, I would suggest you have a friend do the work for you.
Summary stage 2. Very similar to stage 1, but now we have a more even bubble distribution and an increase of surface tension and a longer presence of the bubbles when the power is turned off. If you look in the bottom of your glass test cell, you will have no scum and the water will be crystal clear.
At this stage the Orgone force has seeded the cell, but as yet, is not breeding. With the right cell, water and operator, it is possible to go straight to stage 2 on the first turn on of your new cell. I have this occurring every time with modified juvenile water.
3. Not many people get to this stage, or what is worse, get here incorrectly. If you get here following the above steps, your water is still crystal clear with no deposits in the sump. If you get here by brute force, you will have stripped appreciable amounts of material from the cylinders and this material will now deposit on the insulators and hang around as a colloid and finally form in the sump as a deposit. The low resistance insulators and the metallic colloid will create a more leaky cell that will cause endless mysterious car stoppages or refusal of the car to start etc. Right, the miracle of Nature is now breeding in your cell. Upon turning your power on to the cell, within 30 seconds copious beautiful white bubbles will rise from all the surface area of the cell. Before these bubbles cover the water surface, you will notice a slowly rotating and pulsing front in all cylinders, that is synchronised and has a regular rhythm of about 2 pulses per second and a clockwise rotation speed of about 1 revolution every 2 seconds. These effects are very hard to observe for a first time viewer that does not know what to look for. I find it easier to watch these effects with the aid of a fluorescent light, as the 100 cycles per second pulsations of the light " strobe " the water surface and help the observation.
The bubbles may overflow the container and show great surface tension. But one of the definite proofs that the cell is breeding is that, on turning the power source off and coming back the next day, most of the bubbles will still be on top of the water as opposed to stage 1 or stage 2 where they disappeared in minutes. Please have a look at my photo sequence.
Summary stage 3. There is no way that you can mistake this stage once you have seen it. Some lucky people can feel the living energy and can react with it, Reich's " Y factor ". For the rest of you normal people, the signs are radically different. The bubbles are larger and pure white, the surface tension is greater, the bubbles are pulsating and most importantly the surface tension remains days after the power has been removed.
Additional note for the desperate electronically inclined individual. Please note. I do not recommend any additional tests or measurements, your eyes and brains should suffice, but if you are in trouble, you may measure the voltage across the cell after it has been left standing with the power off for at least 24 hours. A live cell will have a residual voltage, or more correctly, a self generated voltage of around 1 Volt. A stage 1 cell measured under similar conditions will read .1 to .2 of a Volt. Remember, that unless you know what you are doing, these voltage measurements can be very misleading due to probe materials and battery effects that can easily mask your true measurement. As the cell reaches the maximum density of Orgone that it can hold, the result of the breeding process is the conversion of this excess Orgone into the formation of electricity. As such, electrical measurement with the correct instruments is a very valuable method in the verification of the efficiency of the cell. If you are conversant with Reich's work, you may care to make an Orgone meter and thus remove all guesswork. This meter is fully described on a few web site as mentioned in my bibliography.
Final comments on charging the cell
I do not recommend any form of circus type of bubble exploding, ear pulling showmanship. As noted elsewhere, noise and vibration are Orgone-negative. Therefore, in a negative Orgone cell like the ones I make, these explosions applied during the delicate seeding period will kill your cell! Apart from a dead cell, the chance of fire igniting other gasses in the workshop and injuries to the ears etc. makes this childish exercise highly unnecessary. I must admit that I too fell for the " go on, ignite it! " feeling. I had a cell that had been at stage 3 for 7 months. It was my favourite test cell. My hands and matches fought my brain and they won. There was a huge " ear-pulling, implosion/ explosion ", and yes, I killed the cell. It went back to stage 2 for 4 days. I will not do it again, just showing you that I am also human. On the plus side, my resident garage brush tail possum has not returned!
Special stage 3 water, ( referred to in chapter 11. )
As all water we are using so far has been electrolysed, this water is not suitable for use in non-stainless steel or glass containers due to reaction with the container and the resultant corrosion, but if you have to, or want to, you can use juvenile water with no electrolysers added and still charge it to stage 3. As the ion count is much lower, the water is not as conductive, ie. you cannot get as much current flow with 12 Volts as you would if you electrolysed the water. However, if you obtain a power supply of approximately 60 to 100 Volts at about 1 Amp, you will be able to charge " plain old ordinary water ".
The down side is the additional waiting, in some cases, over 3 weeks, and the cost of the fairly expensive power supply. The advantage as mentioned in chapter 11, is that you will be able to pour it into the radiator of a car with no increase in corrosion as compared to water containing acids.
Do not at any stage short circuit, ie. join any of the cell cylinders to each other electrically with your charging leads, wedding ring, etc. If you do, the cell will " die! ". Your only option, if this occurs, is to connect the cell to your power source and see if you are still running in stage 3. If the cell does not revert to running in stage 3 mode within 1 minute, your only option is to completely dismantle the cell and re-polish, re-clean and re-charge. Huh???, you are kidding us, right??? No, I am serious, that is your only option! So do not do it, do not short out your cell! You will have similar, but not as severe problems if you reverse your leads to the cell.
When the cell is running stage 3, you can tip the charged water out of the cell into a glass container and clean, adjust or maintain your now empty cell. Try to keep all cylinders in the same relation they were in before you dismantled the cell, ie. keep all cylinders the same way round and in the same radial alignment. Mainly relevant when dismantling old cells ( over 6 months old ). This is required as the metal parts develop a working relationship that can be weakened or destroyed by careless re-assembly.
When finished, pour the charged water back and you are back in business. Of course you can pour this charged water into other cells, or use it as you see fit, but, remember, do not leave it out of the cell for periods longer than 1 hour at a time as the breeding has now stopped and you are slowly losing charge.
Remember what you are dealing with. You are not making a toaster! You are dealing with the basic life force itself. As it is everywhere and penetrates all things at different speeds, you cannot imprison it or capture it. If it seeds your cell, it is because it has found the " womb " that you have made, a more comfortable place than where it was before. It has entered and remained of its own free choice. Similarly, if it decides to breed for you, again it is it's choice. As you are part of the process, the least that you can do is to positively interact with it. There are many accounts of cell dying due to locations and personalities involved. You have been warned!
CELL CONNECTION TO MOTORS AND MOTOR MODIFICATION
" The essential is to get rid of deeply rooted prejudices we often repeat without examining them "
A. Michel 1959.
Cell location and mounting
The mounting of the cell is full of compromises, both for the cell and the occupants of the car.
* For least vibration and tilt, the center of the car is the best location.
* For least heat accumulation, low down in the interior of the car is the best location.
* For least electro-magnetic disturbance, the boot is the best ( unless there are CD stackers,
radio gear or electric fuel pumps in the boot area ).
* For best Orgone flow, the cell should be as close as possible to the motor, and the outlet should have only a vertical path to the blind plug.
* For cell servicing, it should be in the boot or similar easy access points.
* To keep human interaction to the minimum, the rear bumper bar is the best location.
* To keep interaction with other cars to a minimum, the center of the car is the best location.
* To keep the outlet pipe to a minimum length, right next to the block is the best position.
* To minimise interference with the car electronics, a roof location is best.
As you can see, even in the brief list above, there is no one location that is ideal. The very best compromise is placing the cell in the foot-well on the passenger side, and having a hole through the bulkhead with a short tube run to the blind plug on the block. If you choose this position, please note:
* This may be dangerous in an accident and thus illegal, and you must obtain the approval from
the related instrumentalities.
* The hole through the bulkhead must be gas-tight as there is a danger of lethal gasses entering
the occupant area. Again, the related permits are mandatory.
* The location of the cell may interfere with any car computer that is located in this area.
* The passenger may interact with the cell.
* It will reduce your resale values due to the holes.
* Your insurance company will have to be notified with a logical explanation for your
The second, less frowned upon location, is in a cold area of the engine compartment. This is just about impossible in a compact car, unless you have an older 6 or 8 cylinder model.
That is why I have said it is better to choose a car suited to run on a Joe cell, rather that trying to run your modern 4 cylinder front wheel drive compact from it. Your chances of a successful first-up conversion of a fuel injected, variable cam timing, turbo, computer controlled and twin overhead cam compact 4 cylinder car is minimal.
The mounting of the cell, once the position is chosen is not difficult. The simplest and most permanent method is to use the half inch negative bolt as one of the fixtures for the cell. As this bolt is the negative connection, it can be directly bolted through the floor or via a convenient piece of metal plate to a suitable point in the engine compartment. The cell itself should be surrounded by an insulating material similar to a computer mouse mat or diving suit material. Around this you would have two hose clips to hold the body of the cell against some rigid part of the car. The aim is to stop the cell developing its own vibration that is additional to the vibration generated by the engine and the road conditions. All parts of the cell must be well clear of any metal parts at all times as the cell body has a positive potential on it. If you accidentally touch a charged cell body to any metal parts of the car, you will probably have to recharge the cell, and you know what a pain that can be.
To summarise the above, the cell must be firmly fixed in the best possible location and protected from any accidental contact with any metal parts of the car. Any car modifications must have the approval of the relevant government bodies.
NOTE. I am presuming that you have a reasonably modern car that has the negative end of the car battery connected to the bodywork, ie. a negative earth system. If you have an older positive system car, then to the best of my knowledge, you will have problems, and I suggest that you do not attempt a conversion of a positive earth system car. As most of these have gone to car heaven, there should not be too many around. A good indicator is that the car runs a generator instead of an alternator, but this rule only applies most of the time, and there are exceptions.
Cell electrical connections
The above section has mentioned that we are dealing with negative earth cars. This means that the negative end of the battery is connected to all the metal work of the car. As the inner one inch cylinder and the included bolt are the negative end of the cell, this bolt may be connected to any substantial metal part of the car. Make sure that you remove any paint or sound-deadening material from the hole that you have drilled for the half inch bolt, and use a star washer on both sides of the hole in the metal work to guarantee a long lasting low resistance connection.
All parts of the cell and engine tube are at a positive potential. The best point to connect our positive is at the far end of the engine tube. I connect my positive lead under the four inch long section of neoprene hose ( between the aluminium tube and the hose ), and secure the cell end ONLY of the rubber tube with a stainless steel worm drive clip. This creates a good electrical connection between the lead and the cell-to-engine tube. This positive lead should go via a five amp fuse in series to the " ignition on " power distribution. What this means is that there is only power to the cell when the ignition key is in the normal car running position. As the cell has been made to only pass one Amp, the resultant power consumption of the cell with the car running will be 12 Watts. This is a fairly conservative cell dissipation, but will eventually heat up the cell on a long trip and a hot day. Please read Regulation section below.
When the car is not in use, and depending on the leakage of the cell, you may require a " trickle charge " current to flow through the cell to maintain a minimal breeding condition. Joe employed a 1.5 Volt battery to accomplish this in his early days. I would suggest a current flow of 0.25 Amps to accomplish this. This is a power dissipation of 3 Watts. If you connect a resistor of about 3 Ohms in series with you positive lead, you will achieve the above. This value will vary from cell to cell and you will have to select on test the actual resistor to be used. In all cases a 4 or 5 Watt wire wound resistor of the appropriate resistance value will be adequate. Make sure that this resistor is suitably mounted as it will get warm and you don't want to start a fire.
As you can see from the above, we already have two values of current flow ( a running value and a trickle charge ). The simplest way to achieve this would be a changeover switch that introduces a series resistor when the car is not running. But, as most people will forget to operate this switch every time they turn the engine off, an automatic system is far superior and probably essential. This is easily achieved with a relay connected to the " ignition on " distribution. With this method, when the car ignition is off, the relay is released and the appropriate resistor is in series with the positive lead and the cell. The cell now only has the trickle charge current flowing through it. When the ignition is in the run position, the relay now operates, and the resistor is shorted out by the relay contacts. The cell now has the full 1 Amp flowing through it. Obviously, when the ignition is turned off, the cell reverts back to the keep alive current mode.
During the early experimental and development stages, I would recommend a variable 5 Ohm, 5 Watt, wire wound potentiometer and a series 0-5 Amp ammeter. With this system you will be able to optimise you running and trickle charge currents and finally choose the optimum resistors for both modes. Also, you will be able to find exactly how much current you need for optimum cell output to suit the climatic and driving conditions. The reason is, that as the cell heats up it draws more current. Yes, you will have to experiment!
Previously, I have mentioned that I use 1 inch ( 24 mm. ) outside diameter aluminium tube. The inside diameter of the tube is ¾ " , so the wall thickness is 1/8 ". I am not telling you that this is the only diameter or material that works. It is the material and diameter that others, including myself have standardised on to allow for ease of interchangeability for fault finding and experimentation. The length of this tube should be as short as possible without using sharp bends. All bends in the tube must have smooth and progressive direction changes with no distortions. The tube should be covered with insulation similar to what is used on hot water pipes and car roof racks. Reduce any horizontal runs of the tube to a minimum. Similarly, do not use any U-bends that forces the Orgone to change directions from an upward to a downward run. A good example of how not to mount the cell is seen on the amigo web site ( http://homepages.tig.com.au/~amigo_s/joe.htm ). In the photographs, this cell is mounted above the car with a severe downhill run to the motor. Although aluminium is a good barrier for Orgone, the energy is still leaking out the tube. As you now know, Orgone has a upward vertical tendency and therefore the best position for the Joe cell is as low as possible, so the Orgone can flow upwards to the blind plug and thus the motor. In most engine installations, you will need some " downward run " of the tube. It will still work, but keep any of these runs to a minimum. The inside edges of the cell end of the aluminium tube must have a radius that reduces gradually from 20 mm. inside diameter to the outside 24 mm. diameter of the tube. So if we are looking up the inside of the cone towards the compression fitting and the aluminium tube, there should be no sudden change of diameter to upset the flow of the Orgone. This area, where we are forcing the Orgone to create a beam that goes down the aluminium tube, is critical. Keep all inside surfaces polished and do not have any obstructions whatsoever in the flow path.
The engine end of the tube has a section of about 4 inches of neoprene rubber hose pushed over the aluminium tube and the blind plug. If you have 1 inch length of tube on the blind plug and 1 inch length of tube over the aluminium tube, you end up with a non metallic gap length of 2 inches. This gap is vital as the motor is at negative potential and the aluminium tube is at positive potential. We must never let any portion of the cell or tube touch any part of the car or motor. That is why I have suggested that you should insulate your cell and tube.
I have mentioned previously that our positive lead is under the 4 inch rubber sleeve and is held secure to the aluminium tube by means of a worm drive clip. The blind plug end of the 4 inch tube must not have any form of clip on it! This end of the rubber sleeve performs the function of a one way valve for the Joe cell. When you push the rubber sleeve over the blind plug, please make sure that you cover the inside of the sleeve and the outside of the blind plug with Vaseline ( Petroleum jelly ).The following will now occur. As a result of electrolysis in the cell, every now and then, the excess cell pressure will vent to the atmosphere via the loose coupling between the rubber sleeve and the blind plug. But when the pressure drops, air will not be sucked back into the cell. I have found that this valve enhances the duration of the breeding process. I repeat, the blind plug end of the neoprene 4 inch sleeve must be free to allow the release of excessive pressure build-up. If you keep your cell electrolysis to 1 Amp or less, this venting is minimal. All the same, the gasses are explosive, so take the appropriate safeguards. Imagine what would happen if the cell could not vent excessive pressure. The pressure in the cell will keep building up until the weakest point lets go. This, in all probability, would be the rubber sleeve. If you were super stupid and really clamped and glued the hose down at each end, the tube will sustain over 100 psi before letting go. This would release a high pressure stream of HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE GASSES! This could be ignited by the distributor points, cigarettes, static electricity, exhaust system, etc. PEOPLE COULD BE KILLED OR SERIOUSLY INJURED!!! Please, if you are not competent, don't do it, or seek a professional. Read my disclaimer!
The optimum and smart solution, is to use a 1 psi blow-off-valve that vents the waste gas into the air intake after the air cleaner. The waste gas will now be drawn into the motor and the air cleaner will act as a flame arrester. That is the smart, safe and logical solution. I use a low pressure electrical switch/pressure assembly as used on washing machines to monitor the quantity of water in the wash bowl. I set this switch to operate at 2 psi. When the pressure switch operates, it electrically operates an air solenoid that allows the excess pressure from the cell to be vented into the intake manifold between the air cleaner and carburettor.
The only other danger is that you did not follow my instructions, or you have decided that you know best, or more is better, and you boosted up the electrolysis action. A such, you will have excessive venting, and sooner or later, you and your experiment will part, suddenly and violently. Please, please, put you brain into gear before playing around with explosive mixtures, or better still, leave it to professionals
Blind plug location
First and foremost, the 1 inch long section of the blind plug that the neoprene tube slips on, must have the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of the neoprene tube. Therefore, if you are using 24 mm. outside diameter tubing and the inside diameter of the tube is 20 mm., then the outside diameter of the blind plug must be also 24 mm. The neoprene sleeve ( 24 mm. inside diameter ) must not be a force fit onto the blind plug. Do not economise or compromise this fit. Your life and the life of others may be on the line! The sleeve must be an easy push fit over the blind plug. The blind plug should be made out of aluminium and the final shape will be determined on the mounting location on the motor. The aim is to introduce the Orgone " beam " of energy as centrally as possible on the motor and as close as possible to the water that is circulated around the cylinders. There have been many location employed, and they all work to a degree, ie. a blind plug on the intake manifold, a blind plug on the back of the head, a blind plug on the block, etc. My suggestion for 4 and 6 cylinder motors is to place the blind plug on the block near the head gasket line and as central as possible ( midway between the cylinders ). The V8 cylinder motor design is ideal as the blind pug can be centrally located on the water heated part of the intake manifold. Be careful with older 4 and 6 cylinder motors as one side may have the push rods, tappets and cam shaft located inside the block. As such, you will not be placing your blind plug against the water jacket. Sometimes you may be able to remove the Welsh plug from the optimum location and machine one end of the blind plug to fit this circular opening. Make sure that you do a professional job of this, as a plug that falls out means a loss of all water and probably the motor! Some individuals claim that they have placed the blind plug on the carburettor or even the air cleaner. I have my doubts, but as I have not verified these claims, they may be adequate, but in my view far from optimised. There is a story of a professor that made a Joe cell as a replacement for the air cleaner and it worked for a while until it collapsed due to the stainless steel being too thin. Again, I cannot verify this story, but it would be an ideal method of eliminating the engine pipe and blind plug entirely. Just some more ideas for the fertile brains that may be reading this manual.
I suggest that you secure your blind plug via two Allen bolts and suitable tapped holes on your chosen location. Make sure that the mounting surface of the blind plug matches the contour of the block or head or manifold at the chosen fixing point.
The blind plug must be mounted on the opposite side of the exhaust system on cross-flow-head motors. This is another reason why the V8 motor or a horizontally opposed motor is so superior in its conversion to Orgone energy. We want to stay as far away from the hot and exit side of the motor as possible. If you have a siamesed exhaust and intake manifold motor, you are really making it difficult for yourself. Unless you know exactly what you are doing and have performed a previous conversion to give you faith in yourself, I honestly think that you will not have any success.
You can again see from the above why Joe's Rover started first up on the cell, yet other motors took weeks to condition before any results were achieved.
Volumes have been written about this topic by arm chair scientist who try to explain their pet theories on implosion, explosion, both implosion and explosion, or any other pet combination you may care to think of, and therefore have to shift the timing anywhere in the 720 degree engine cycle to make the motor run on their theoretical mind projections.
I will again repeat, forget the theories and JUST DO IT! It is really simple. I will again tell you how I do it. Preferably have a car that has an electrical fuel pump and a switch that you can turn the pump off with. If you have a mechanical pump, fit some type of adjustable clamp on the neoprene line that goes from the tank to the fuel pump input. Or you may want to suck the fuel into the fuel pump from a 5 litre metal petrol container.
NOTE, this method is dangerous as you are working with exposed petrol.
Whatever system you adopt, all you are trying to do is to control the flow of petrol to the motor.
Next, loosen the clamp that holds the distributor, but do not as yet shift the distributor body.
* Start the car on petrol and let it warm up. Make sure that your Joe cell is electrolysing.
* Let the engine warm up and make sure that it is hot enough so that the choke has gone to the
normal running position
* Remove the fuel flow to the engine by your chosen method.
* Within a short period of time the car will start to run erratically.
* Rotate the distributor to advance the spark plug firing until you get the best possible idle speed.
* Keep doing this with progressively smaller and smaller to and fro rotations of the distributor body over the next few minutes. The last adjustment will be very precise as the engine will falter either side of the optimum adjustment.
* You will find that the distributor will roughly end up at between 35 and 40 degrees before top dead centre ( BTDC ), which converts to 70 to 80 degrees advance on the crankshaft.
If your cell has taken over, your engine will keep running. If the cell has not taken over, the engine will stop as it will run out of fuel and that is it. Go to the fault finding section. If the cell has taken over, tighten the distributor at its new location. When the excitement wears off and if you are still sober, take the car to a garage with a wheel dynamometer and optimise the engine timing for maximum power Do not let the mechanic anywhere near your exhaust system with a gas analyser, as there will be no reading on his gas analyser and you will really have to do some fancy explaining.
Standard ignition timing
I would now like to clarify a few points on ignition timing for non-mechanical individuals.
* In all spark ignition engines, it is necessary to arrange for the spark to occur a little before the piston has reached the upper limit of its travel of the compression stroke. It is usual to express this ignition advance requirement in terms of degrees of crank angle before top dead centre. ( BTDC ).
The danger of this term is that it can be measured at either the crankshaft or at the distributor. As the distributor runs off the cam shaft and thus at half engine speed, the distributor measurement will be exactly half the crankshaft measurement. So when we talk of 10 degrees BTDC at the distributor, we really mean 20 degrees BTDC at the crankshaft. This misunderstanding has caused huge confusions for the casual non-informed reader. For example, when Joe states that the Escort runs the best at 85 degrees of advance, what is he talking about?
As mentioned at the start of this sub-section, a spark plug ignites once every 720 crankshaft degrees or more simply, every two revolutions. At idle, most motors are set to fire the spark plug at between 5 and 15 degrees BTDC at the crank shaft. As the revolutions or the motor increase, the distributor mechanical advance section or the car computer, advances the timing ( or makes it fire sooner ) until we reach an advance of about 35 degrees BTDC at the crankshaft for normal motors and normal fuels. With 100 octane aviation type fuels, this advance on racing cars can be as great as 60 degrees BTDC.
So really, when Joe states that 85 degrees of advance is required for an Escort motor running on a Joe cell, it is no big deal as it is very close to a setting required for an engine that is running a high octane, slower burning fuel. It does not even remotely hint at implosion or the like.
To conclude, as we do not know exactly how and what powers the motor, all academic armchair rubbish is exactly that; rubbish. Make your cell, connect it as I recommend, time it as I recommend, get the car running, and then start your analysis and arm chair battles.
For the initial start up from the Joe cell, an aluminium V8 motor will not require any modifications apart from a change in timing as described in the previous sub-section. Other motors will require a varying time of " conditioning " before being finally ready to run on the Joe cell. Then you will have to change the ignition timing as described.
As the Orgone energy is primarily attracted to the water jacket around the motor, most of the energy will be " stored " in a latent state in this area. That is not to say that there will not be a varying density of Orgone in other sections of the motor or in the nearby vicinity of the cell and of the car.
Joe does make quite a few references to what he call a " sealed engine ", as is the case with the Rover motor and most modern motors as well. Basically if you remove the oil filler cap, you should notice that the idle revolutions of the motor will change, as you have disturbed the positive crankcase ventilation ( PCV ) path. In older motors, the blow-by gasses that passed the rings and ended up in the crankcase were dumped via a breather pipe directly into the atmosphere. These type of motors were not " sealed ". As the pollution laws slowly changed around the world, these type of blow-by products were frowned upon and the car manufacturers had to come up with an alternative method for their disposal. The modern solution is to collect these blow-by products, and re-introduce them into the inlet manifold via a PCV valve, for their subsequent mixing with the fuel mixture and resultant combustion. If, for example, you remove the dip stick or the oil filler cap, you have effectively opened this system which is under atmospheric pressure, and you thus change the idle speed, as you have introduced an air leak on the engine side of the carburettor or fuel injection butterfly throttle control. You have also interfered with the Orgone density and its relationship with the air! Remember how I have been harping on for you to keep the top on the test cell when it is not in use? Well, the engine is just a larger more complex test cell. We do not want to introduce our Orgone energy to external air until we are ready! And we are only ready, when the piston goes down the bore creating a depression and thus causing an external flow of air to come in via the intake valve.
If you are having trouble in getting the motor to run on a Joe cell and have exhausted all other possible areas of problems, please also consider the internal crankcase ventilation system as explained. You will only have problems in this area with a fairly old motor, or a motor that has been modified or that has developed a fault with the PCV system. Simply try the " remove the oil filler cap trick ".
Beyond the initial short term test running of the motor on the Joe cell, each motor and car will develop its own type of idiosyncrasies. As my personal list of converted cars is very small, I have very limited guidance for you in this area. I will mention the little that I know in this area and at least start a list that can be added to when YOU and others give me feedback on your own conversions that I can use for the update of this manual. Sadly, I have found that most converted car owners prefer to guard their knowledge and hope to keep it secret and thus have a longer run on the free energy before the mighty hand of bureaucracy places a ban on such work. So be it, we are all different and they are entitled to their view. I do sometimes wonder why I am giving thousands of hours and thousands of dollars of my personal time and money to such people. Anyway, on with the list of long term modifications:
* The engine runs cooler. As such, a winter oil and antifreeze seems to be the logical fix.
* The top-end runs hot and dry. The normal petrol motor utilises the incoming petrol/air charge to perform considerable cooling of the intake valve and seat. Similarly a leaded petrol engine uses the lead or its equivalent as a lubricant for the intake valve guide, valve and seat. With modern unleaded or gas motors this problem is taken care of with harder valves and seats and a different type of valve guide. If you are using an older type of motor, it may be beneficial for the long term life of the motor to use one of the many types of upper lubrication kits that are readily available from various auto accessory outlets.
* Instruments and sensors burn out. I do not know of a fix for this, as it is very difficult to shield
a breeding cell. Remember that as a result of reaching Orgone saturation in the water, the
excess Orgone is converted to electricity. These potential's can be quite high under favourable
conditions and will happily destroy electrical equipment. One possible fix is to place Zenner
diodes or similar voltage sensitive " trip " circuits across voltage sensitive components to by- pass all voltages greater than 15 Volts. It may work, I have not tried it as yet.
* The cell interacts with the car occupants. Apart from making the cell non-leaky, I cannot
think of even a possible solution to this one.
* The cell runs hot after hours of use, eg. a taxi. The cure is to control the electrolysis current
to the minimum possible without noticing a performance change. As the cell heats up, you
have a thermal runaway effect. So as the cell gets hotter, it flows more current, that heats it up some more, that flows more current, etc. As previously mentioned, a variable electrolysis control with an ampmeter would be ideal
There is no reports to hand that I know of, that goes into the long term wear and tear of the motor running on the cell. The highest km's that I personally know of on a cell, is less then 10,000 km's and as such is still far too early for any form of appraisal.
WHEN THINGS GO WRONG
Do not over analyse or overexperiment.
This will destroy the experiment and it's creative Orgonomic force.
Dr. Wilhelm Reich
Well, my dear reader, you are reading this section for any of a number of reasons, some are:
A. You always read a book or notes from cover to cover before you start a construction project. Great, good idea, read on.
B. You are an armchair scientist and you are reading this information to see how it fits in with your own pet opinions on the subject. Good luck and I hope, if you find something to contribute, you will do so freely and in brotherly love.
C. You are reading this chapter because you have made a cell by other methods and are looking for a quick fix. I would strongly recommend that you read and absorb all the previous chapters, as you may have a borderline cell and it may be better to construct a new cell.
D. You are here because you have followed exactly, all my suggestions, and you car will not run on the cell.
In the above, I am only interested in reader D.
Approach to the problem
All problems, irrespective of complexity, can be solved in a methodical, rational fashion. If it looks insurmountable, break it down into convenient smaller sections that you can cope with. Have this smaller section cover one topic only. Make sure that you have a working knowledge of the topic. Take your time , and have somebody else to talk with regarding your chosen solution and approach.
It is important that you change one variable at a time only! If you change variables in a haphazard method or without recording you observations, at the end of the day, you will be worse of than when you started. I would suggest that you break up your problem into the following topics.
Fault finding topics
1. The water.
1a. Cell maintenance.
2. The cell construction.
3. The charging operation.
4. Cell-to-car interface.
5. Car modifications.
6. Geographic location.
7. The Y factor.
1. The water
The single most common problem that you will encounter is the water. As Joe remarked on many occasions, the " water goes bad ". Not a scientific explanation, but well said. So, what are some of the problems with the water?
A. Is the water dead or polluted right from the start? If you collected, transported and stored the water personally, you should know its history. Re-read Chapter 8. If you still doubt your water, try the following. Orgone accumulates in water, and as such, when you transfer the water out of the cell, you take the charge with it. Therefore, if you, or an acquaintance has a good, ie. stage 3 cell, the water can now be substituted into the suspect cell. On now powering up the suspect cell, within 1 minute you cell should be at stage 3. If the suspect cell does not come up to stage 3, the water is not at fault! The above is by far the easiest way to test a suspect cell. Unfortunately, you will need another cell or external help. That is why I suggest that a group can keep a test cell at stage 3 indefinitely for the use of the members. All it requires is that the " cell keeper " gives the cell a daily 1 minute " feed ". You could even have an automatic timer that applies 12 Volts to the cell for 1 minute every 24 hours and just leave it alone in a suitable location. I have kept a test cell at stage 3, on the above principles for over a year, and the idea works fine.
Note. Do not leave the charged water outside its cell for longer than 1 hour as it is not breeding.
I have found that when I use water that I have stored for longer than about 6 months, on using it to fill new cells, I get a very light off-white residue in the sump of the cell. All else works okay, ie., a normally breeding stage 3 cell. My 20 litre Pyrex flasks are stored in the garage and are exposed to cars, noise, fluorescent lights, music, etc. I have now modified the flask caps so that the water can breathe. Also the flasks have been made " light tight ", with a jacket made of purple 100% wool felt. This may help.
I have found that the " old " juvenile water can be reactivated by various forms of water modifiers. I use a special water vortex device and have found that a cell that did not want to go stage 2 for over a week, went stage 3 in 2 days! This is great news for people who have to travel considerable distances to obtain their water. Of course, the bad news is you need a " gismo " like I use, or you may want to try various commercial structured waters to find one that works. I will again say, that it is far easier to let Mother Nature do the work for you, rather than you outlaying hundreds of dollars with no guarantees. I mentioned the above in case you were already using a water " modifier " for health reasons. If so, give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
B. Has the pH of your water changed? Simply run your pH test on the cell water. The reading should be the same. If not either the cylinders or the insulators are breaking down and reacting with the water and electrolyte. Make sure that you followed charging, insulator and cylinder material type recommendations in previous Chapters.
C. Is the water clear? As in B., the cylinders or insulators are breaking down. Or the cell has gone into a base matter creation mode. As this topic is highly controversial and not pertinent to this subject, your only option is to completely dismantle, polish and clean the cell and/or replace the insulators. Fill with fresh juvenile water. Go through charge stages as per Chapter 9.
D. Is there any residue in the sump? As in B. and C. above.
E. Are the stage 3 breeding indicators behaving the same? Read chapter 9 and make sure that the behaviour of the bubbles and meniscus are the same, especially the long term bubble retention. Again, if all else fails try the voltage check.
F. Have you changed locations and the cell is now sitting in a low density Orgone strip? Make sure that the cell is at stage 3. Read Chapter 9.
G. Have you accidentally shorted out the cell or reversed polarity to it? See if it goes back to stage 3 if you apply power to it for 1 minute. If not dismantle, polish and clean all components. Fill with fresh juvenile water. Go through charge stages in Chapter 9.
H. Have you allowed the seed to die? Read Chapter 9. Go through stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 processes. The cell may go to stage 2 or even stage 3 within 3 minutes.
I. Has the cell fallen over at any stage? Try a 1 minute charge and see if the cell goes to stage 3. If not, dismantle, polish and clean all components. Fill with fresh juvenile water. Go through charge stages in Chapter 9.
1a. Cell maintenance.
I have found after a cell has been in operation for about 6 months, although there is no external indications of malfunction, ie. the cell is happily breeding, it is a good idea to do the equivalent of an oil change and grease. You may find one or more of the following:
* There is a light deposit on the cylinders particularly the outside of the 1 inch and 2 inch.
* The cylinders may have sagged from the vibration, ie. they are not flat on the top horizontal alignment..
* If rubber insulators are used, you will find that they may have developed a set or a conductive path.
* Some of the insulators, particularly the inner top ones, may have a light white or grey deposit on them.
* There may be a slight suspension or colloid towards the bottom of the cell.
* There may be slight indications of a brown sediment on top of the water.
* The cell metal parts may have become magnetised.
* The lower insulators for the bolt may have shrunk and could be weeping.
* The electrical connections to the cell may be loose or corroded.
* The compression fitting for the aluminium pipe may be loose.
* The short piece of rubber or neoprene hose to the blanking plug may have aged.
The cures for the above are self explanatory. The only difficult one is if the cell has become magnetised. You may be able to degauss the cell, or at worst, you may have to have the offending cylinder replaced or heat treated. After you demagnetise your cell, find a better location for it, or it will only happen again!
I do a regular 6 month service on my cells. The steps I perform are as follows: I pour out the charged water into a 5 litre glass container and put it in a cool dark area. Obviously the glass cylinder is clean and only used for your Joe cell work! Remember you have approximately 1 hour to replace the charged water back into a seeding and breeding cell. I next dismantle the cell and clean all surfaces with mild acetic acid. I find that it is not necessary to repolish the cylinders, but you may do so if it makes you feel better. I rotate any rubber insulators 180 degrees so as to use a fresh surface with no set. I lubricate my bolt and associated insulators with Vaseline and reassemble the cell. By this time, the charged water has been sitting for about half an hour in the glass cylinder and most of the sediment has settled to the bottom of the temporary glass container. I now pour the charged water back into the cell using a paper coffee filter to catch any sediment. I stop pouring the charged water into the cell when the first drops of water with the sediments starts to leave the glass container. This water I discard or have analysed to amuse myself. I now top up the cell with fresh juvenile water and connect the cell to the power supply. Within seconds you will see a fine white cloud develop on top of the water. This is the residue of the acetic acid that you used to clean the cell with. I remove this simply by wiping the top of the water surface with a paper towel. Within 1 minute your cell will be back at stage 3. That's it, you have just completed you 6 month service.
Note. I will repeat again in case you have forgotten, that all water, containers, funnel, etc. must have only juvenile water used in the cleaning or transferring of water for the cell maintenance. It requires a very small quantity of tap water that has been " enhanced " by good old mankind to kill the cell. Don't blame me if you have to start at stage 1 again by being lazy.
2. The cell construction
Needless to say, you should have followed the cell construction Chapters to the letter. If you did not, you obviously know how to make a different type of cell, and these notes will not be 100% relevant, or you have chosen to be creative, frugal, haphazard, or slap happy at the wrong time. I repeat, you are not making a toaster! You are trying to induce the life force to work for you. You cannot capture the life force as in a cage. It will enter and exit as it sees fit. It can penetrate all materials! So to contain it you must use natures geometry and mathematics, some dimensions are not critical but other dimensions have to be " spot-on ".
If the cell was working at stage 3 and now will not work.
A1. A common problem is that the cell cylinders have moved due to rough handling, vibration, or the wrong diameter insulators. The fix is a dismantle and re-alignment. Make sure that you hands are clean!
A2. Another common problem is the covering of the cylinders and insulators with various residues. This can be seen on the dismantled cell, as an easy removable film on the cylinders and insulators. In this case treat as a dead cell and dismantle, polish and clean all components after finding the cause of the problem. The usual causes are wrong welding material or flux, wrong cylinder material type, wrong insulator material type, or water problems as in section 1. above. Fill with fresh juvenile water and start at stage 1.
A3. The cell material has been magnetised by locating the cell near starter cables or other high current-carrying wiring eg. Hi-Fi wiring, fog lamp or other types of ancillary lights' wiring, winch wiring, etc. In this case, find the magnetised component or components with you test magnet and replace, heat treat or de-magnetise the affected components. A hot under bonnet location will cause similar problems. After fixing the cell, relocate the cell or the offending items.
A4. The insulators or the cylinders are eaten away to some degree. You will pick this up in the discolouration of the water. If you followed my instructions, this will not occur. The problem is incompatible steel or insulators with the water electrolyte combination. In any case, treat the cell as dead, replace faulty components, etc. as in A2
If the cell never worked at stage 3.
B1. The cylinder material type. As mentioned in Chapter 6, the material that you use is critical in you early learning stages. All 316L is not the same! Re-read Chapter 6.
B2. The cell cylinder dimension is wrong. Re-read Chapter 6 and 7. The cylinders must be level at the critical chamber separation area which are formed by the tops of the internal cylindrical tubes. Re-check that the cylinders are level. You should see no light when measuring with a straight edge.
B3. The cylinder finish. As the top and bottom cuts are finished in a lathe, they should be absolutely smooth, ie. no file or cutting marks. Similarly, there should not be any heat bands where the cylinders were cut. The surface of the rest of the cylinder does not have to be mirror smooth, but make sure that there are no longitudinal marks or scratches. If you followed Chapter 6, they will be okay.
B4. Make sure that the welding is done as per Chapter 6. Make sure that all internal irregularities caused by the welding process are removed, without causing excessive localised hot spots.
B5. Make sure that all threaded couplings from the cell to the engine is metal to metal joints and the threads are not covered in sealants or Teflon tape, etc.
B7. Make sure that the cell is airtight. If you apply your power source for a minute or two to the cell and block the outlet of the aluminium pipe with you finger only, you will feel the release of pressure on removal of your finger. Do not do this near flames and/or explosive gasses! This will also check that your cell is not open circuit or shorted and that it is electrolysing.
B8. In B7 above, the most common electrical problems are the push fit of the ½ inch bolt into the 1 inch tube, and the insulators between the 1 inch bolt and the lower cell exit point.
3. The charging operation
The failures can be sub divided into 3 sections:
A. Failure to get to stage 1. If you cannot get the water to electrolyse at all, you have not read Chapter 9. Even blind Freddie and his dog can do this. Hang you head in shame and take up another interest! Seriously, not many things can go wrong. If your power source is putting out about 12 Volts and if you have added the electrolyte as described, then you must have some bubble activity ( even tiny ones that look like a white mist, ) in the water. If there are still no bubbles in the water, connect a 12 Volt car globe of any wattage or type to the very ends of the leads that you are connecting to the cell. The lamp will light if your power source and your leads are okay. Now remove the lamp and put the positive lead to the outside surface of the cell and the negative lead to the ½ inch bolt that connects to the 1 inch cylinder. If you still have no bubbles, the ½ inch bolt connection to the 1 inch tube is faulty, but highly unlikely. Re-check the insulators that insulate the 1/2 inch bolt from the outer container. As there is now water in the cell you will not be able to do your insulation test but you should still read more than 10 Ohms resistance from the bolt to the case. Be careful of misleading readings if the cell is acting as a battery, as you Ohm measurement will be useless.
B. Failure to get to stage 2. By this I mean that the cell has not seeded and remains at the electrolysis stage. This is a very common stumbling block! As explained, if the cell will not seed, the indication is there is no change in bubble size or surface tension. Boy, oh boy, I have been here many a time myself and I suggest the following:
B1. The first and most common is the covering of the cylinders with a coating of various chemicals. In my early days, when I took the lazy way out and brazed or silver soldered my casing joints, this compound ended up all over the rest of the cell due to electrolysis. As the positive is the donor surface and in our case the outer casing including welds, sealants, etc., this fact aggravated the plating process.
B2. Another failure and resulting contamination, was the use of the wrong type of sealant on the central insulator for the sealing of the ½ inch bolt where it passes out through the bottom of the cell.
B3. Likewise, when I decided to press fit my outer cell components, I used an automotive silicon gasket cement on the joints. This also ended up plating the whole cell.
B4. If the water smells unhealthy or there is scum floating around, the water has gone bad. Replace with fresh juvenile water and go back to stage 1.
B5. Check that your insulators have retained the original manufactured colours. That is, if red rubber, make sure they are still red, if silicone tubing, make sure it is still clear, etc. The insulators may be fine for stage 1 electrolysis, but may be very leaky to Orgone.
B6. You working area or you may be detrimental to the seeding of the cell. See 6. and 7.
B7. You are not covering the cell overnight and/or between experiments. As previously explained, we want to keep a very mild air seal on the cell. This is easily done by placing a lid on the test cell or by having a spare aluminium plug in the end of the hose where it fits onto the engine blanking plug fitting. Again, I must repeat, DO NOT use worm drive clips on both ends of the rubber coupling sleeve. The rubber sleeve must act as a one way exit valve for any pressure in the cell. The internal cell pressure must remain very close to atmospheric during operation.
B8. You are just too impatient! It may take 4 weeks to seed the cell! Just spend a few minute a day with it and go and do something else.
B9. You have used the wrong materials. This has already been covered. Please read 2.
B10. You have used the wrong water. Ditto. Please read 1.
B11. You are using the wrong charging method. Ditto. Please read 3.
B12. You are the wrong potential. See " Y factor " Sect. 7 and chapter 13.
Note. For all problems in this section due to contamination of the cell by deposits, water or materials, dismantle the cell, polish, clean and refill with juvenile water.
C. Failure to get to stage 3. This is the failure of the cell to breed. Again, to repeat, this is the failure of the cell to keep increasing the initial seed density to a greater, but still finite, Orgone energy limit. Indicators will be a lack of long term bubble and surface tension retention and an obvious non-operation or marginal operation. Usually you will get to stage 3 very soon, ie. within days of stage 2. Another way of describing the failure of running at stage 3, is that the cell is leaky to such an extent that the Orgone force cannot accumulate sufficient density in its present location for your needs.
C1. The most common fault of the cell's in not breeding, or insufficient breeding, is caused by marginal water, construction dimensions and materials. Please make sure that you have followed these notes to the letter. If you have modified or substituted components, etc., you obviously know something that I do not know and if your cell had worked, I would love to hear from you, but as you are reading this and if your cell is not working, I suggest you follow my instructions to the letter, or try somebody else's, " how to build a Joe cell " manual.
C2. You, or your working area, may be detrimental to the cell's operation. Read 6. and 7.
4. Cell to car interface.
If you are looking for faults in this area, you know that you cell is at stage 3, but the engine refuses to run from the cell.
A1. Outlet pipe from cell.
A lot of different diameters and materials will work. I would suggest, like Joe that you use 1 inch outer diameter, 1/8 " tube thickness aluminium pipe. Due to electrolytic action, copper will either pollute the cell, or pollute itself. The short piece of rubber or neoprene must not have any clips on the end that attaches over the blind aluminium plug. The idea is to let any pressure " burp " out, but not to let any air in. The fitting should act as a one way valve to pressure from the cell caused by the electrolytic action. The engine end of the aluminium pipe should have you positive electrical connection secured to the pipe by means of the same short piece of hose being slipped over it. This end should have a clip to squeeze the hose and the electrical fitting to the pipe. What you are doing is providing your positive connection at the very end of the outlet pipe. You negative as previously described, will go to the cars body, ( we are presuming a modern car that has a negative earth system ). The pipe fitting to the top of the cell must be air tight without the use of sealants or Teflon tape, etc. The compression or threaded fitting will do a good job of this. Try to twist the aluminium pipe out of the compression fitting. If tight, you will not be able to budge it. Your pipe should also have some form of insulation around it to prevent contacts to the rest of the metallic parts of the car. Ideally, the cell should be similarly protected. Remember, just one short circuit and the cell is dead!
A2. Electrical connections. The positive wire coming from the end of the aluminium pipe should go via a 5 Amp fuse to your " ignition on " wiring. By this, I mean that the cell should only have the car power connected to it when the ignition is on. Some people prefer to run this wire via an off/on switch that is located in the car. When you connect your negative to the car, it is preferable to connect it directly to the block if you earth straps from the motor or gearbox are suspect. Either way, with the ignition on, you should measure 12 Volts positive on the cell body and 12 Volts negative on the central bolt fitting. If not, check you wiring, fuse, any switches, etc. The most probable cause of no voltage is a blown fuse because you have shorted the cell. Find you short, replace the fuse and make sure that the cell goes to stage 3. If not, pull the cell out, clean, polish, new water, etc. ie. start again. The other most common problems are the use of sealants on the compression fitting. This is easy to find and fix. If you have 12 Volts across the cell, that does not mean necessarily that you have your 1 Amp current flow. To check this, temporally disconnect the negative end of your cell from the car body or motor and put you Amp meter in series with the central bolt and the car connection. You should read your 1 Amp current flow. If not you have some high resistance connections or wiring, or the cell is faulty. As you are reading this because you know you cell is not faulty, the problem is either you aluminium pipe connection or you wiring. Locate the problem step by step, making sure that you do not short out or apply reverse polarity to the cell. As mentioned in Chapter 10, the 1 Amp is a nominal figure. At 1 Amp the cell is dissipating about 13 Watts and the cell may eventually heat up on an extended journey and a hot day. Check Chapter 10 for recommendations.
A3. Cell design. If you have made a cell with the wrong taper to you cone, the Orgone will focus before it gets to the motor and the cell will work brilliantly on the bench, but it will not run the car. The only reason this has occurred is that you did not build a cell as described in these notes. To quickly summarise cone angles, any apex cone angle of less than 45 degrees is highly suspect.
A4. Cell location. Check as previously explained, that the cell is located in a favourable location in the car. Is it in a cool place? Is it level? Is it located as far as possible from high current wiring? Is it located in a low vibration area? Not like some rocket scientist who strapped it to his engine!!! As Orgone has a vertical preference once it leaves the cell, reduce horizontal and " down hill " pipe runs to a minimum. A cell located in the boot, with a 4 meter run to the engine is not a great idea. Again, a non-leaky cell can run 60 meters or more into a horizontal tube, but why tempt fate? As far as the cell ( but not the passenger ) is concerned, for you first cell's temporary location, the passenger foot well, with a pipe through the bulk head and a short, ( less than a meter ) pipe to the blind plug located at the rear of the engine ( non V8 ) works well. Please note ! A cell in the passenger foot area will be illegalin some areas!, so you are obviously using this car on private land until you have it legally approved.
Note. At this point of the trouble shooting list, you know that you cell is at stage 3 and that it is connected correctly to the car. So if things are still not working, leave this area alone! Do not undo what you know is working, ie. don't dismantle your cell or associated connections to the car, they are okay! Leave them alone and look for problems in the only remaining areas you have not covered, ie. Section 5, 6, and 7. Unless you keep a systematic approach to the installation and troubleshooting procedures, you will never get the cell to run the car.
5. Car modifications.
For a start, I will again state the obvious, some cars will be easier to modify than others, or more importantly, not all persons will be able to modify all cars! So unless you are masochistic and want to make your friend's life a misery, choose an easy car! This, of course, may not be old faithful that is sitting in your garage. You should also have followed Chapter 10. before you read this.
You are reading this because you KNOW that your cell is still breeding, ie. running at stage 3, your car connections are okay and you electrical connections are okay. You have started your car on petrol and after it has warmed up, you either have turned off the electrical fuel pump, or you have turned off the fuel to, or from, the mechanical pump. Now as the fuel is used up in the fuel bowl, or bowls, the engine falters and stops, ( at this stage, I am not talking about fuel injected motors ). That is how I would expect you to test the change over phase. You are really pushing your luck, if you walk up to a stone cold car, remove the fuel to the engine and start cranking! I hope you have plenty of fully charged batteries!
The car will either run, run erratically or not at all.
A1. Car shows no sign of running from the cell. By this I mean that as soon as the motor runs out of fuel, the car stops. A lot of people get here, but blame the wrong components. As stated above, you are here because you know all sections up to here are working okay. This only leaves this Section 6 and 7. So let's presume that the car is at fault as that is the present topic. I can tell you for a fact, that a 1971 V8 Rover will start first shot and run like a dream. On the other hand, a 1100cc Mini Minor will not even think of staring first time. Why? There are a lot of pet theories floating around, but as these are my notes I will give you my theory based, on logic.
Note. The following is a theory and eventually may be proven wrong. but the way I see it is that the water and the cylinder bores in the motor act as a single layer Orgone accumulator, ie. an organic material ( water ) surrounding a non-organic cylinder ( the bore ). As such, an engine with a bore that is fully surrounded with water will be far superior than an engine that uses siamesed bores or casting methods, without the benefit of the totally water-surrounding cylinder. Now as most aluminium blocks have metal sleeve cylinders pressed into the aluminium block for bores, this feature allows for a full water circulation and completes our single layer Orgone accumulator. It also makes it less leaky and more conducive to conversion to a Joe cell system. Remember, Orgone loves water. This is also ( in my opinion ), the reason why a person that chooses an air cooled motor will have more problems than one that uses a water cooled motor.
The above gives me a reason why some motors start first shot and others may take weeks to kick in. Two other effects hinder or help the above. The first is, that Orgone seems to " like " to travel in aluminium or it finds aluminium more difficult to penetrate, so it would have a tendency, on leaving our aluminium pipe to either prefer the aluminium block, or once it was inside the block, it may have a greater difficulty in " leaking " out. I would be the first to admit that I do not understand this effect, but it is definitely there. As more information comes to hand, I will update these notes. The second is the easier conversion of V8 motors. As our blanking entry plug is located in the vee formed by the two banks of 4 cylinders, the Orgone distribution from the cell is ideal, ie. it is a central entry, nearly equidistant and close to all cylinders. Another important feature is that the entry point it is on the cold side of the motor, ie. the exhaust system is on the " other side " of the cylinders. This also give a cross-flow motor an advantage.
So what is to be made from the above? I would suggest, like Joe, to start on an easy conversion until you build up your own confidence and hence the " Y factor ". Either go and see a converted car so you can believe, or convert an old Rover or Leyland V8 as a group effort. I cannot see why the different clubs and interest groups cannot pool together and purchase an old wreck.
If you insist in converting your cast iron, or air cooled whatever, be prepared to wait for the molecular changes that seems to occur to cast iron, siamesed bore and manifold type motors. As Joe stated, this may take 3 or 4 weeks. I have personally installed cells that are stage 3 and left them " running " on the car. The car was driven normally on petrol or gas, until the idle or engine operation noticeably changed. This was the indicator that the " molecular " changes have occurred and the car was ready. What you also may want to try is to replace the normal radiator water with SPECIAL, charged stage 3 water ( see Chapter 9 regarding the special stage 3 water ). This should speed up the acclimatisation process. As most modern motors run some form of inhibitors and anti freeze additives in the water, you will have to consider the consequences of playing around with this mixture. The down side of dumping the additives may be increased corrosion on alloy components, ie. head, manifold, water pump, etc. Due to the tendency of the motor to run much cooler on the Joe cell, I would recommend that you leave the Glycol in the water. Obviously, you throw all new car warranties out the window the moment that you add the Joe cell and its related conversions to you car.
A2. Fuel injection cars. The simplest way to treat these cars is to perform a full conversion to gas. In this way you have a duel fuel system, ie. Joe cell or gas. Plus you pick up the advantages of a longer life span for your engine as per Chapter 10.
Section summary. So really, all that I can suggest in this section, is that if the car will not start at ALL and all other sections have been covered, you should give the conversion a maximum of 4 weeks for the cell to take over. If the cell does not kick in that period, the chances are indeed slim that it will ever work. You have only a few chances left. A few people have surfaced in Australia that can tune your car and cell by the application of correctly located specifically made crystal packs. This has emerged as a new and not well understood science, but it just about guarantees that the cell will run in some form or other on the car.
A recent discovery by an avid alternative energy experimenter from Adelaide, ( Aust. ) was that the car only ran on his cell after the car was up to a road speed of 80 kph. Obviously if he only tried to run the car on the cell in a start-up, stationary situation, he would not have discovered that the cell was partially working. So, as he is a great lateral thinker, he took the car for a drive on petrol and then turned off the electrical fuel pump when the car was up to speed. As the car would not idle on the cell, he simply turned on the fuel pump before the engine returned to idle speed. I would guess and say that his cell was very leaky or the Orgone transfer to the engine was poor and thus marginal for engine requirements, and that the forward motion of the car caused a charging effect from the Orgone that the car was travelling through.
With the above example, I am saying that you should not give up too easily and that with a bit of experimentation and patience, your car will also run on Orgone.
All cars, including fork lifts, dragsters and diesel motors that Joe converted eventually ran! If your car will not run, consult your favourite " expert ", or drop me or the publisher a line, only as a last resort when you have exhausted all other avenues. Please be reasonable, realise that I am only one person, I have a life and family, I do not get paid for my time by you or the hundreds of others requiring help. Irrespective, I will do my best to help.
A3. Car runs erratically, or does not reach maximum power, or starts and then stops.
This could be caused by many things and you will have to logically fault trace, by elimination of one suspect cause at a time. Some causes ( not in any specific order );
* The cell is marginal. Check that it is still at stage 3.
* The cell contains too much water. Rectify.
* The air flow into the motor is " wrong " at that particular engine operating range. We are working on this problem, but as a temporary cure, some cell operators have modified the fuel system to supply a slight petrol flow into the engine at the troublesome operating range.
* The cell is marginal due to bad design. Read Chapter 6.
* The cell is too small. Read Chapter 6.
* The cell to motor tube is the wrong shape, material, or diameter. Read Chapter 10.
* The blind plug is location is not optimised on the motor. Read Chapter 10.
* The cell has become magnetised. See previous section.
* The day is hot, or the cell is too hot. Feel the cell!
* The cell is too hot from excessive electrolysis current. Wait for the cell to cool down and
then readjust current.
* The cell is mounted in a bad location in the car. Read Chapter 10.
* The day is wet or humid. See section 6.
* You, your passengers, or animals, or location, are interacting with a marginal cell. See section
* Your ignition timing is not optimised. Adjust!
* Your water has gone " off ", or you water level has gone down. Rectify!
* Your cell cylinders are polluted. Dismantle and clean.
* You are in a high DOR area with a marginal cell. Hopefully you can drive out of to before the cell dies.
* You are in a strip of low or reversed Orgone. As above.
* Sun or planetary activity is detrimental to cell output. Change over to " normal " fuel and wait for more favourable times.
* Your electrolysis rate is down or not sufficient to run the motor.
* Your wiring or the cell have gone high resistance. Check with an Amp meter to make sure that you chosen " running current " is still okay.
* The air flow into the motor is wrong at that particular engine operating range. We are working on this problem, but as a temporary cure, some cell operators have modified the fuel system to supply a slight petrol flow into the engine at the troublesome operating range.
A4. The car runs. Great! Good for you, but please remember that it will not run all the time and will stop unexpectantly and with no warning signs, so always have a duel fuel system set up and ready to " kick in ". It would be highly embarrassing to be thousands of kilometres from home and having to ask the local mechanic to fix your Joe cell conversion! You should see an interesting look on his face.
The performance of your car will be determined by the reserve of Orgone density you have on demand. A leaky or under-capacity cell will not give you maximum power. A good cell will give you at least the same and usually a greater power range with a sweeter running and more tractable motor.
A5. To return the car back to normal fuel.
If for some reason you have now decided that you want to convert the car back to normal for reasons best known to yourself, you should perform the following steps:
* Remove the cell, wiring, brackets, etc.
* Seal, in a professional manner ALL holes that you have made in the floor or bulkhead. If the holes are left, moisture may enter the vehicle and thus cause rust. More importantly, some holes may allow the entry of gasses that may kill you or some other occupier!!!
* Return ignition timing to normal manufacturers recommendation.
* Replace all special oil and water that was used to run the car on the cell.
* Remove any vortex air cleaners or mufflers unless you still want these for fuel saving reasons.
Now the fun will start. As there may be a residual of Orgone charge in the motor/car bodywork, the motor may refuse to run at the normal ignition timing. It may return to normal running after weeks, but during the intervening time the engine will run rough, refuse to idle at the normal idle speed and be a real pain to drive. A suggested solution is to use a thick lead, ( a jump-start lead is perfect ) and connect one end to the positive end of the battery and flash the other end very briefly against the engine at or near where you placed the blanking plug for the transfer tube from the cell. This will cause a momentary massive current to flow through the motor and back to earth ( metal parts of car ) and finally back to the negative end of the battery and thus reverse ( hopefully ) the charge from the Orgone and thus clear the motor. Make sure that you first disconnect any cables that are on the positive terminal of the battery before attempting the above!
NOTE! The above operation is a last ditch effort by competent mechanics. This is due to the very expensive and lethal damage that can occur to you and the car ie:
* You may destroy your car computer/s, alternator, regulator and/or diodes, car radio, gauge's, and any other electronic device on the car.
* As you are creating massive currents, you have a fair chance of melting any thin cables connected between the motor and earth.
* Also as you are creating sparks near the car battery, ( if it is located under the bonnet ) you have a fair chance of igniting the hydrogen gas in the battery thus causing a large explosion with a liberal spray of sulphuric acid. This may MAIM OR EVEN KILL YOU or the onlookers and of course destroy the front end of the car.
Again, I do not recommend the above unless you know exactly what you are doing. I merely mention this method for completeness as it is employed by some individuals.
6. Geographic location.
As mentioned, Orgone is not a constant, or even density cover on this planet. Some of the resulting problems are:
* The density varies seasonally.
* The density varies with the time of day.
* The density varies with planetary motions.
* The density varies with the Sun's cycle.
* The density varies with altitude.
* The density varies with geographic location.
* The density varies with the " users " of the Orgone energy eg. a nearby car.
* The density varies with the weather.
* The density varies with the introduction of pollutants.
* the density varies with the Earths and cosmic magnetism.
As you can see from the above, it is a wonder that we can use it at all, with our crude knowledge and even cruder cell. The main solution is to have a cell that is not too leaky. This means that the cell is always over-producing thus giving you some valuable time to drive out of the unfavourable locality. This is why I have suggested that you should have a duel fuel system and at no stage rely on the cell alone. It is one thing to have it fail on your garage bench, and a completely different thing to have it fail in the outback. Orgone has a very big disliking for any form of man-made electromagnetic radiation. So any large high voltage power line, transmitters, airport radar, military installations or radioactive sources will set up a reaction with the Orgone to create DOR. This may be so severe, that as Joe says, " the water has gone bad ". Unfortunately, as you are probably already anticipating what I am going to write, this requires a clean of the cylinders and insulators , fresh water, etc. That's right, back to stage 1.
7. The Y factor.
For the rational, proof only, and died-in-the-wool scientific types, you are going to hate this one! Normally anything that cannot be explained in the framework of existing theories that are known as " facts ", are place under the category of, " experimentally observed phenomena ". The following fits that category. Basically, as Reich discovered, the Y factor simply stands for you. Yes, unfortunately when you get to the grey areas where known science merges into the unknown, you enter areas that will stretch your belief system if you so allow it. I could have very easily left the so-called non-scientific mumbo jumbo out of this book and so given myself at least a little " scientific credibility ", whatever that means. Luckily, as I am self-funded and do not live on grants by writing " selected " papers, no multi national can conveniently shut me up or rephrase the above to suit their needs. In actuality, it is immaterial if you believe or do not believe in the Y factor, either way it exists and you really should consider the concept of all creation being intimately linked permanently and instantly.
The Y factor will make your Joe cell either not seed at all, or not breed, or breed poorly, or behave in an intermittent fashion, depending on the living energies around it at any one time. This is not a fable coming out of my demented brain, but an observed fact, recorded from all over the world for countless centuries.
I, with many others have had individuals walk up to our cells and watch our cell suddenly breed, ( Stage 3 ) or worst, watch with dismay as our cell drops back to Stage 1 ( die ). My favourite test cell was a Stage 3 cell for over 10 months and I was stupid enough to let it be observed by all and sundry. One day it was observed by an individual who by his own admission was out of energy and run down . Within seconds of this guy looking at my cell, it dropped out of Stage 3 to a weak Stage 2. Next morning it was absolutely dead. I pulled it apart and cleaned all metal parts hoping that this would fix it as the charge is in the water. No Joy! I then completely rebuilt the cell, added fresh water and I am still waiting for it to go to Stage 2! As in Chapter 8, you have been warned, keep your living cell to yourself. A friend reported to me a similar experience, namely that a cell that would not go to Stage 2 sprang to life ( Stage 3 ) when a friend of his was 20 meters away from the cell, and then the cell went into a frenzy as he approached it. When his friend left, the cell died again! True stories.
The best procedure with the cell, or for that matter any endeavour is to treat it with an open mind. You do not have to believe that it will work, but similarly, you should not doubt that it can work. Do not analyse too much or apply blinkers to your thinking process by presuming that you have learned all that there is to know and with your " vast knowledge " can categorically say that, this Joe cell concept could never work. Unless you are the Almighty himself, you will learn new things every day for the rest of your life. I have talked to many, many intelligent individuals that simply refuse to believe that a car can run on what they see as nothing, nor how this nothing can get into a " solid metal " engine through no openings operate the motor and produce no measurable pollution. Yet, these same individuals who consider themselves sane ( with reservations for my sanity ), are quite happy to spend large sums of money or follow some outlandish new age fad in medicines or self-healing techniques with even less proof or science!
" They call me deranged. The hope is that they are right.
It is of no greater or lesser import for another fool
to wander the earth, But if I am right and science is
wrong - then may the Lord God have mercy on mankind.
My dear patient reader. At no stage have I said that the Joe cell is similar to making a bread toaster. As you are dealing with a little known, mass-less life force, you are behind the 8 ball right from the start, your battle is uphill and lonely, with jeering and laughing " experts " on both sides waiting for you to fall. Similarly, at no stage have I said that all people can convert all cars. Likewise, once you have converted your chosen car, there is no guarantee as to how long it will run before the breeding stops and/or the seed dies.
With the right mindset, all the above are minor problems and enjoyable challenges, but if you approach this conversion in a rush, not really believing in your heart that it can work, or with the intention of making lots of quick money, the Y factor is going to bite you! Don't even start, you are wasting your time and money. Think about it! If it was so easy and if all and sundry could exploit the life force, why is it not in mass production out in the real world? The answer is simple. It is exactly the mind set of these type of individuals that prevents them from utilising Mother Nature's secrets.
May aim has been to show you a method of cell construction that works for me. Obviously, there are many different ways to encourage the life force to enter an accumulator, storing it, increasing the stored density and finally utilising the force as you make it work on its release, similar to a dam wall and a water turbine. I have read all materials available to me relating to the life force and its utilisation. Over 6 years, I have compiled, analysed and experimented with the combinations that showed the greatest potential. I am not infallible, nor do I claim I make the best cells. I only claim that I make cells that work! You are reading some of this work. As I give you this information freely, I hope that you will also distribute it freely. What you do with this knowledge is your decision. Hopefully, as a result of your efforts you will share any new knowledge or short cuts with the rest of us, so we can all grow together as a brotherhood.
" Begin by forgetting what you have learned."
This section is optional reading. It is here for the reader who wants a better overview of Orgone, accumulator theory and miscellaneous supporting works including more of my rambling's.
This is Hermes work relating to the Cosmic force, that he calls Sol, as translated by R. Steele and Mrs. D. W. Singer.
" Emerald Tablet "
" True it is , without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is above is like to that which is below, and
that which is below is like to that which is above, to
accomplish the miracles of one thing.
And as all things were by the contemplation of one, so
all things arose from this one thing by a single act of adaption.
The father thereof is the Sun the mother the Moon.
The Wind carried it in its womb, the Earth is the nurse thereof.
It is the father of all works of wonder throughout the whole world.
The power thereof is perfect.
It is to be cast on the Earth, it will separate the element
of Earth from that of Fire, the Subtle from the gross.
With great sagacity it does ascend gently from Earth To Heaven.
Again it does descend to Earth and untieth in itself
the force from things superior and things inferior.
Thus thou wilt possess the glory of the brightness of the
whole world, and all obscurity will fly far from thee.
This thing is the strong fortitude of all strength, for it
overcometh every subtle thing and doth penetrate every solid substance.
Thus was this world created.
Hence will there be marvellous adaptions achieved,
of which manner is this.
For this reason, I am called Hermes Trismegistus,
because I hold three parts of the wisdom of the whole world.
That which I had to say about the operation of Sol is completed."
Cone angle calculations.
I must warn the reader that this section is, like Chapter 7, a creation of my brain , mind, or imagination. As such, treat it with caution, Prove all things; hold fast to the truth!
The cone has to perform a very difficult task. As Orgone cannot be held captive against its will, somehow we have to execute an impedance transformation from the containing cylinder assembly, to the restriction of the outlet fitting and then to the Aluminium cell-to-car tube. The scientific problems are challenging; firstly, because conventional science, in general, denies the existence of Orgone. Secondly, this mass-less, hard to measure and invisible force does not lend itself to easy analysis.
So some " loony " must be prepared to at least make an effort to explain the unexplainable, and stick his reputation on the line, with at least some form of a theory that may be eventually corrected and built upon, and thus finally producing concrete facts. So here goes:
As we are ultimately dealing with frequencies and the resultant harmonics, all atoms and molecules must have an individual signature. Thus the cone material harmonics can play a large part in containing and guiding the dual pulsating Organic vortex field.
This calculation of complex harmonics of frequencies is very difficult. So I have chosen to take the easier path of working from a know parameter and thus obtaining the unknown details. As there is a relationship between the frequencies and the atomic weights, and as we have a fair tabulation of these, I will base my cone angle calculation on the atomic weights of the elements concerned. At all stages I am referring to the angle formed inside the apex of the cone.
* You may readily look up for yourself the related atomic weights, but to save you some work, I will list some of the ones that are related to my explanation.
Element Atomic weight Element Atomic weight
Hydrogen 1.00794 Carbon 12.011
Magnesium 24.305 Aluminium 26.98154
Silicon 28.0855 Phosphorous 30.97376
Sulphur 32.06 Titanium 47.88
Vanadium 50.9415 Chromium 51.996
Manganese 54.9380 Iron 55.847
Cobalt 58.9332 Nickel 58.69
Copper 63.546 Zinc 65.38
Molybdenum 95.94 Silver 107.8682
Tin 118.69 Gold 196.9665
* Now let us analyse the chief constituents of 316L stainless steel.
Element weight %
As the rest of the elements are 1% or less, I will them out of our calculations. Similarly the above percentages are variable and I am using the minimum values that can carry the 316L name. If you want a more precise cone angle calculation, use my methodology and tighten up your own figures. You will find that the final manufacturing tolerance will absorb you numerical perfection.
The next step is to add up the related element based on the percentage existing in the final product, thus;
Element % in 316L Atomic weight Total % in 316L
Iron 72 55.84 40.21
Chromium 14 52 7.28
Nickel 10 58.7 5.87
Molybdenum 3 95.94 2.88
Manganese 1 54.94 0.55
So let us round of to 57 and now call this our cones internal apex angle in degrees.
Okay, you say, a great play with numbers where, at one moment we are dealing with apples, and the next moment you are calling them oranges! Yes, I agree, but let us see if empirical data gives the same result.
* Remember from Chapter 7, as to how we derived the outer casing height from two methods. One was my theory and the other one was the dimensions of working cells, both Joe's and my own. We will do the same here. Now, I suggested that for a 5 cylinder cell, an inner length of 8 inches and an outer length of 10 inches worked very well.
I have also previously explained, that the seed centre is in the center of the vertical height of the cylinder assembly, as dictated by the magnetic and electric forces. As the height is 10 inches for the outer cylinder casing, half this height is obviously 5 inches. So the nodal points would be at 5 inch intervals. Therefore, the perfect cone would have a vertical ( not diagonal ) height of 5 inches. If we do some basic geometry, you will find that this works out at about 54 degrees. and a cone height of 4.5 inches would give us 58 degrees. In passing, a perfect ( isosceles ) triangle has 60 degrees internal angles.
Remembering that we are trying to capture the vortex at the nodal point, thus the 4.5 inches would bring the apex of the vortexial crossover nicely into the outlet fitting. Bear in mind that the actual apex of the cone is missing and that instead we have a 1 inch hole . This 1 inch hole is at the 4 inch vertical height of the cone, so you want a 5 inch to 1 inch 316L reducer with a 4 inch base-to-hole vertical height. The 57 degrees falls very close to the 4.5 inch vertical height, which is midway inside the compression outlet fitting. Exactly where you want it.
Okay, what about the 4 cylinder cell, how does this fit in with the theory? Lets have a look at it. As an average inner cylinder length is 7 inches, the outer casing cylinder would be 9 inches. As before, the nodal points are half of this, thus a vertical height of 4.5 inches. At a vertical height of 4.5 inches, the cone angle would be 48 degrees, 9 degrees short of what we want for 316L stainless steel.
So unless we used a 7 inch outer casing and recalculated the seed diameter and the inner cylinder lengths, the 316L cone would not be optimum.
But what is to stop us using a cone made from a different material? For example a Titanium cone at an atomic weight of 47.88 or 48 would be perfect, and perfectly expensive. So forget that one. A lot of experimenters world wide have had good results with Aluminium cones. From the above table, the atomic weight for Aluminium is 26.98154, or for my calculation, an angle of about 27. degrees. As we are dealing with harmonics, the next upper harmonic is 54 degrees ( close to 57 degrees as in the 5 cylinder cell ) and thus only a fraction higher than the 4 inches vertical cone height. The end result is that an Aluminium cone would work better than the same cone in stainless steel of the same aspect ratio. The 1 inch outlet hole is on the 3 inch vertical height of the cone, so you want a 4 inch to 1 inch Aluminium reducer that has a base-to-hole vertical height of 3 inches. The 54 degree falls on about the 4 inch vertical cone height, which will be fair way inside your compression fitting. As this cone cannot be welded to the stainless steel casing by many welders, a press fit is required. Also, remember that we want a seamless interior transition and finish. It has been done and it works very well, but for the general experimenter, it is far easier to use a stainless steel cone and suffer the extra leakage.
The above two examples may help you with your experiments on cone angles. There are many number games that you may play with Nature's mathematics and the above is only one. For example, you could use the Fibonacci series, ie. 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc. and use it for your cell design, thus inner cylinders diameters are, 1 inch, 2 inch and 3 inch, an outer diameter of 5 inches, an inner length of 8 inches and a outer casing length of 13 inches, with a cone vertical height of 6.5 inches, or half again, ie. 3.25 inches. I have not tried this as yet, but I am very tempted to do so when time permits.
Note. Most cones work to some degree or other, what I am trying to do is to optimise the ideal shape and its related dimensions. From a person who could actually " see " the Orgone flame, ( Verne Cameron ) the following broad guidelines are worth their value in gold:
* " If the cone is less than 90 degrees, the beam is shortened and brought to a focus."
You may use these angles at you discretion, taking overall tube length into consideration.
* " If the cone angle is 90 degrees, you will have a concentrated 1 inch beam, which will travel great distances."
A 90 degree cone for the 5 inch cell is 2.5 inches high to the apex and 2 inches high to the 1 inch outlet. A 90 degree cone for the 4 inch cell is 2 inches high to the apex and 1.5 inches high to the inch outlet. I find these angles too " flat " for cones and prefer a focussed beam cone construction. Of course, a dome in some geometric shape would favour this flat layout but, with the added complication of tuning the dome shape, ie, elliptical, parabola, circular, etc.
* " If the cone angle is more than 90 degrees, the beam will tend to disperse."
Do not use these angles. They will tend to reflect the Orgone energy back into the cell and thus make the cell a great table-top model, but they will not run a car.
From the above, it can be seen, as to why some experimental cell perform brilliantly on the bench, but will not run a car; namely the cone angle is too small and the Orgone beam reaches a focus point before reaching the water jacket of the motor. Again, you have been warned! If the cell is a stage 3 cell, and the motor will not run, the cone angle is one of the primary suspects.
How does it work ?
The inspiration, for this section belongs to Walter Russell a truly amazing being. I have used his great brain to allow me to explain to you how I think the Joe cell functions.
From Beyond the Atom .
There is a neutral ether consisting of countless myriads of inconceivably small particles per cubic centimeter having no electric charge and no mass. Universal mind places electrostatic charges on these particles when there is a suitable magnetic field so that the become charged particles. The complexity of the charge determines the type of charged particle and its behaviour.
The above nicely explains several points to the average reader;
* As ether, ( Orgone ) has no mass or electric charge it makes it very difficult to measure. If you read about the efforts that science has gone to, to measure gravity waves and neutrinos, you will more fully comprehend the problems of measuring these forces . Suffice to say that just because scientists cannot measure Orgone energies does not mean that Orgone does not exist.
* As our Joe cell geometry, chemistry, electrolysis, location, materials and experimenters vary from cell to cell, the Joe cell will thus produces a whole series of different effects for different experimenters. The cell can lose weight, cause rain, heal people, make people sick, create various elements and even do what you want it to do ie. power an internal combustion motor.
So, how does a Joe cell run a car? Again I will stick my neck out and suggest an answer that makes sense to me. Obviously it is a theory and is only in place until a reader suggests a better theory, in which case I will remove mine and insert his with full credits.
Have you ever considered exactly what occurs when you use a battery for your radio, torch, etc. I mean what is in the battery that makes your device work and why does it go flat?
There is many chemical and electrical ways of explaining the process, but I would like to explain it to you from a slightly different perspective. Lets set the stage:
1. Every unbalanced action must eventually be balanced no matter how long it takes. Remember that I have mentioned in another section of this book the great clue, Rhythmic balanced interchange. All things in creation including our battery and the Joe cell obey this fundamental rule.
2. Electricity is dividing a pressureless condition into two opposite pressures which desire release and thus a return to a state of balance. So our 1.5 Volt battery for example, does not want to have a positive and negative pole and is trying to return to a state of balance ie. eventually the battery will go flat the duration depending on how much work we ask it to do.
3. Work is the result of unbalanced matter seeking a rest in balance. Notice how we make our battery work for us by letting it return to a state of balance.
JUST AS IN THE JOE CELL
4. So the charge of the battery, ( or the Joe cell ) is a pressureless condition separated into two opposite pressures.
5. A charged battery is dually unbalanced by the opposite pressures which desire release, exactly as in the Joe cell. Opposites oppose, they never perform any other function than to oppose. Opposites are not things; they are conditions.
Okay, if we look at the above clues and using the car battery as an example, we can readily see that the electrolysis that occurred in the battery when we charged it via the car alternator has created an unbalance that is frantically trying to return to a state of balance. If you do not believe me and if you are foolish enough, just put a spanner across the terminals of a charged battery and watch it melt and disappear. Please don't do it, take it as fact. In like manner, when we charged the Joe cell, ( which is also acting as an accumulator ) we have created an unbalanced condition that is also frantically trying to return to a state of balance.
A car battery reaches a state of balance by finding an electrical path either in the battery ( self discharge ) or outside the battery in a resistive load ie. turning your lights on. The Joe cell reaches a state of balance if you accidentally short the cell when it is charged, or in the combustion chamber of the car by using the timed spark plug spark or a similar electronic trigger to allow it to drop to a lower or balanced density ( the state it was in before you forced it to do work ).
The result of the Joe cell working is translated into an expansion of the intake air charge and thus the forcing of the piston down the bore to turn the crankshaft etc.
Now a few words of mine should fall into place for you. A stage 3 cell is charged ie has sufficient unbalance to do work. A leaky cell is a self discharging cell. A balanced or stage 1 cell cannot perform work. To make the cell work, we must have an efficient transfer to the point where the work is required, ie. we must contain the unbalanced condition until it is in combustion chambers by using the right type of cone, tube, blind plug, motor and electrical connection.
The Joe cell accumulator is constantly trying to return to a state of balance and given the slightest excuse will return to balance and thus be useless to you. As you build up you familiarity with your cell, you will find that the cell is constantly giving you small clues as to what it is doing. As such working with the Joe cell is an interactive exercise and developing the skills of a good observer will be highly beneficial.
A lot of experimenters have tried in different ways to electrolyse water, and thus as a result of electrolysis, utilise the liberated hydrogen and oxygen as a fuel to run a car. This was the original intention of Joe when he planned to run his car on " steam ". This was, and is, also the intentions of individuals right up to the present time. They have all forgotten, or never knew, the fundamental principles of electrolysis, as formulated by Faraday. His first law is:
The quantity of any element ( or radical, ie., group of elements ) liberated at either anode or cathode during electrolysis is proportional to the quantity of electricity that passes through the solution.
This simply states that you cannot get something for nothing! All around the world, different groups and individuals are constantly claiming that you can run a conventional car motor from water with basic electrolysis and still have power left over ( over-unity ). Well is you believe that, pigs might fly.
Think about it! Let's say that one horse power is 750 Watts. Let's also say that you require ten horsepower to propel a vehicle at a reasonable rate. So we require 7,500 Watts. Now, by Ohms law, 7,500 Watts divided by 12 Volts, ( our conventional car power source voltage ) is equal to 625 Amps. As a normal car alternator produces a maximum of 50 Amps, you may start to realise the magnitude of the problem.
1. For an ideal case, to cause current to pass through a solution, no minimum potential difference is required. Irrespective of the liquid in the Joe cell, a certain ( although at times, small ) current, will flow through the solution in the cell if any potential difference, however small, is maintained between the anode and cathode. This current that passes corresponds to Ohm's law. So if you connect the Joe cell across a 12 Volt car battery, a current will flow that is determined by the resistance of the electrolyte. Now if you connect two car batteries in series ( 24 Volts ) across the Joe cell, you would expect it to obey Ohm's law and that twice the current would flow. But as the Joe cell is a liquid and highly complex resistance and potential source, what actually occurs is that the current nearly triples. This has been verified with extensive experiments by Barry Hilton. Conversely, if you reduce the voltage across the cell, the current will be reduced. Using this fact, you can adjust the cell electrolysis current from minimum, as when the car is not in use, to maximum during use, as required. This is simply done with one resistor, or as previously mentioned, you can have a fancy system that is constantly adjustable. I optimise my cell as I said, by the addition of electrolyte, until a cell is flowing 1 Amp at 12 Volts for a running engine and ¼ of an Amp ( 250 m/A ) for a breeding idle cell, ie. not running an engine.
2. The above conditions only apply if there is no appreciable polarisation at either anode or cathode plates. By polarisation I mean the change in potential at the actual electrode surface that occurs as a result of the current flow and thus chemical action. In our case, as we use 316L stainless steel, ( the anode is thus considered insoluble ), this is not a major problem.
A test for polarisation with other materials is to check the voltage across the cell on turning off the power. If there is polarisation, you will read a reverse voltage to the normal potential polarity. The magnitude of this reverse voltage is the amount of polarisation. This voltage falls off quite rapidly and should be measured with a high impedance volt-meter.
3. The conductivity of a solution depends upon the ionic concentration, rather than the total or molecular concentration, as the undissociated molecules do not conduct current. In our case, with acids, the degree of ionisation increases with dilution. This explains why, for example, dilute sulphuric acid has a higher electrical conductivity than a more concentrated form. So greater concentration is not better for you electrolyte in the Joe cell.
4. The pH of a solution, is a convenient way of expressing the free hydrogen ion concentration and thus the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. The normal scale is from pH 1 for completely hydrated strongly acid solutions, to a pH 14 for a strongly alkaline solution. A pH value of 7 is considered neutral. In neutral solutions, the hydrogen and hydroxyl ion concentrations are present in equal amounts. Acid solutions cause an excess of hydrogen ions and alkaline solutions a deficiency of hydrogen ions, ie. an excess of hydroxyl ions.
For example, pH 4 = 0.0001 gramme ions per litre, and a pH 5 = 0.00001 gramme ions per litre, etc.
It is important to realise, that the pH is a measure of the free or active acidity or alkalinity of a solution, and not of the actual acid or alkali concentration.
More on pH if the above is too simple ( Courtesy ETI magazine).
All acids have at least one hydrogen atom that tends to break away from the molecule when the acid is dissolved in water. In doing so it leaves behind an electron and becomes a positively charged hydrogen ion. It is these free hydrogen ions that are responsible for the chemical properties of acids, and their relative numbers determine the strength of the acid in question.
Alkalis are extreme examples of a class of substances known as bases. Bases are like converses of acids. When they are dissolved in water they tend to break up in a negatively charged hydroxyl ion and a positively charged residue.
Bases and acids in the same solution tend to neutralise each other. The free hydrogen ions from the acid combine with the free hydroxyl ions from the base to form molecules of water.
The reaction between hydrogen and hydroxyl ions can also proceed in the other direction. That is, water molecules can break up again into free hydrogen and hydroxyl ions. There is only a slight tendency for this to happen, however. In pure water at room temperature only about one water molecule in ten million dissociates into ions. In other words, the concentration of free hydrogen ions in pure water is one part in ten million. This concentration of hydrogen ions is known as a neutral solution.
If an acid is dissolved in water, the solution will no longer be neutral, there will be more hydrogen ions because of the dissociation of the acid. Dissolved bases will initially result in a solution that has more hydroxyl ions than neutral water, but these hydroxyl ions will tend to combine with any free hydrogen ions to form water molecules. The net result is that the number of free hydrogen ions in a basic solution is lower than neutral water.
Clearly if we can measure the number of free hydrogen ions in a solution we can find out if it is acidic or basic, and to what extent. Actually what we will be interested in is not the absolute number of hydrogen ions, but their relative numbers ie. their concentration.
For reason of mathematical convenience and logical purity, chemists prefer to work with a quantity known as the activity of hydrogen ions. Since the activity is generally proportional to the concentration, the exact distinction between the two terms need not concern us here.
The range of possible values for hydrogen activity is very wide, from 10 for the strongest acid solution to 10 to the minus 14 for the strongest alkali. This leads to numbers that are awkward to writer and even more awkward to speak.
The pH notation which was introduced in 1909 by the Danish chemist S.P.L. Sorensen, makes things a bit easier. It defines pH as the negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion activity ie. pH - logA.
As mentioned above, low values of pH indicates acidity, high values alkalinity. Neutral water is pH 7.
Over countless years, various experimenters, professional and otherwise, repeatedly reported the discovery of unusual phenomena that could not be explained, or that did no fit in with the known laws and theories that existed at the time of the discoveries. The easiest method employed was to shelf the idea until more became known while scientists " came up to speed " on the subject. In Chapter 3 is a list of the different names given to one of these mysterious group of forces.
Although all the various scientists were working on the same type of force, due to a lack of formulated and written characteristics of this force, each scientist re-discovered the same force and gave it a new name. Well, nothing has changed. Orgone as a name, is not the flavour of the month, but torsion and axial fields are. It really does not matter what name you give a rose; it still smells the same. Similarly, our cosmic life force behaves the same, no matter what some scientist decides to call it. I am only belabouring the point to make you aware that torsion and axial fields are not a new discovery, but the same old force with a different coat.
Some properties of torsion fields, as presented recently by Yu. V. Nachalov and A. N. Sokolov: ( Try web site www.amasci.com/freenrg/tors/doc17.html ):
* They exhibit phenomena associated with the fifth force.
* They cannot be shielded with metal screens.
* They have velocities billions of time greater than the speed of light.
* They can affect the of weight of objects.
* They can propagate in the future as well as in the past.
* They can transmit information without transmitting energy.
* They propagate through physical media without interacting with the media.
* They cannot be shielded by most materials.
* They can be shielded by materials with a certain spin structure.
* Any nuclear spin-polarised object is a source of torsion fields.
* The interaction of a spin polarised particle with a spin polarised object, results in
the appearance of anomalous forces which depend on mutual spin orientation of the
particle and object.
* Each physical objects, in LIVING or NON-LIVING Nature, possesses its own characteristic
* They can be observed by Kirlian methods.
* Any permanent magnet possesses its own torsion field.
* Pyramids, cones, cylinders, flat objects, triangles, etc. are torsion field generators.
* Aluminium is an effective shield for torsion fields.
* Aluminium mirrors will reflect torsion fields.
* A combination of geometrical shape and high voltage will cause a reduction in gravitation.
* Many effects remain up to four days after the torsion field is removed.
* They are identical to the transverse spin-polarisation of the physical vacuum.
* They are shielded by artificial materials possessing orthonormal topology of structure.
* Torsion field has a cone shaped spatial configuration.
* They significantly alter the oscillation of quartz crystals.
* Torsion fields can alter the process of radioactive decay.
* The charged object must not be subject to any shocks, otherwise the torsion field charge
will disappear, as torsion fields are closely coupled to inertial forces.
* They can be generated as the result of the distortion of the geometry of the physical vacuum.
Torsion field references amount to over 10,000 articles belonging to about 100 authors. Over half of these work in Russia. So dear reader, if you want to track down the properties in detail. you have more than enough to keep you busy for a long time.
To summarise the above, all these so-called new torsion and axial field properties match exactly the properties as given to you in this book and that were known for hundreds of years. At such, apart from a change in name, we have additional irrefutable and current verification that the Joe cell is a simple Orgone ( or life force ) accumulator.
For the astute reader, I am sure that you can think, ( with the use of some of the above newly mentioned effects ) of methods of improving your basic cell to make it less leaky, thus acting as a better container of Orgone.
A very old warning states that Cosmic fire can consume the unready; man is warned that to tamper with the energies of the Universe is forbidden until he is prepared through inner transformation.
As this transformation is far from completion in the majority of mankind, we have a sorry state, where critical information on Cosmic energy and its utilisation have to be carefully guarded. As all energies can be used both for good and bad, the end result is that a few have used these powers for the control of the majority. As such, information on the Cosmic forces is very hard to come by at the grass root level, where we, the minions reside.
Throughout history, various scraps of information have been published that has given the inquiring researcher enough data to enable him to piece together at least the rudiments of the power source and the related construction.
As Walter Russell said, " Everything which seems at rest depends upon violent motion to make believe it is at rest. " So, this seeming stillness that surrounds us is a seething sea of violent motion. By unbalancing this rest and balance, we have endless power at our fingertips.
Also, as quoted by Walter Russell from The Divine Iliad,
" Great art is simple. My universe is great
art, for it is simple.
Great art is balanced. My universe is
consummate art, for it is balanced simplicity.
I have but one law for all My opposed
pairs of creating things; and that law needs
but one word to spell it out, so hear Me
when I say that the one word of My law is
And if man needs two words to aid
him in his knowing of the workings of that
law, those two words are
If man still needs more words to aid
him knowing of My law, give him
another one, and let those three words be
RHYTHMIC BALANCED INTERCHANGE
So, dear reader, as you can see in the above, the energy is a rhythmic, balanced interchange of two streams as is our Orgone force, a pulsating, dual expanding and contracting vortex. All expressions of energy seek a point of rest, and return to a condition of rest. Our Joe cell concentrates this rest energy and in this concentrated, unnatural state, the energy is desperately trying to return to its base or rest state. We allow this to occur in the combustion chambers of our motor, and the resultant return to rest of the Orgone energy creates the work that powers the motor.
I will now mention other quotes regarding the Cosmic force, from far less authoritative individuals than the Almighty.
The following is a communication received and written by Carlos Zelaya in 1971:
" In Cosmic Energy, or the energetic action of Cosmic Rays, we find it is in itself an undrainable energy source within the reach of all the Universe. To take advantage of it at any experience we must use as departure point some elemental concepts based upon Cosmic laws.
This energy moves itself within certain fields or strips, both at infinite space as within the geomagnetism of heavily bodies. To achieve tapping and concentrating it, it is necessary to make geomagnetical study of the planetary area, as a deep study of astral or astrological motions, according to your language. .......Considering that these rays move and behave in a given way according to solar and lunar motions, and with the combination of both and of planet Mars, which is the main reflector of this solar system for Cosmic rays, they are the most fitting for the experiences of exiting the atomic nucleii. "
Additionally, the following was received by Carlos, also in 1971.
" To condense cosmic energy it is needed a device somewhat different to the ones presently used on Earth.
It is not only different but its variations lies upon concepts and principles related to its construction, on Earth are taken as principles physico-chemical phenomena, etc.. We take as principle the ELECTROCOSMIC phenomenon, which is the energetic manifestation of the WHOLE's Elemental Laws.
Therefore, for energy-accumulation, we take into consideration that;
Any directed energy within an inert space tends to form a field
because of the seeking an equidistant balance with respect to
the field's axis properly. "
Also, the following was received by Carlos in 1971.
" The phenomenon because of which cosmic energy is condensed is:
1. Because its natural atoms are ACTIVE MATTER.
2. Because it is " active matter ", it is possible to condense and fix it.
To fix its condensation it is necessary that the energy levels be active enough, for the later, with the polarisation " shock ", be formed the layers of matter, which only through their atom's excitation it is active and generates, by reaction of impulses, a given wavelength.
With this simple principle, but highly positive, it is attained the concentration of ( cosmic ) energy into layers of NATURAL matter and its generation of regulable fields according to the excitation it is made to undergo, for the natural matter of the Cosmos is an energy source. "
I have left the translations as received, you may want to manipulate it into more " correct " English.
You may want to read an article by Rick Anderson and his explanation on the Poynting vector and the Lorentz force. See his article at ( http://www.tricountyi.net/~randerse/lgf.htm ). This article will explain to you the reason for the rotation of a suspended magnet that is placed near a charging vat. Also, it will partially explain to you the reason for the concentric, cylinder within cylinder design of the basic Joe cell. In brief, if you do not have Internet access, I will quote the main paragraph:
" The third vector ( Lorentz/Poynting force ), then , must appear at right angles to BOTH the electric and magnetic vectors, at all points around the perimeter of the subject; and so it manifests as a CIRCULAR ORBIT OF FORCE AROUND THE SUBJECT WITH A PREFERRED DIRECTION, similar to a rotating energy field or vortex. The direction of this circular Lorentz can be switched between clockwise and counter-clockwise simply by reversing the polarity ( or physical connections to the coils ) of the amplified signal driving the coils. A North pole at the top, with a South at the bottom, will cause the Lorentz force to circle counter-clockwise, and a S-N clockwise. "
This has been explained in earlier chapters, of this work.
You may want to read " An Analysis of the Joe cell from a Biodynamic Perspective ", By Guy McCarthy. Although I disagree with a fair portion of his conclusions, nevertheless, there is a lot of good background information for the Joe cell experimenter. It is available on web site:
Orgone in relation to some other energies. By Lawrence Barth.
" In the late 1950's, Gaston Burridge published an article on " cone " energy. He discovered a form of energy which, he states, his and others' experiments show come in a beam from the apex of a cone or pyramid made purely of metal, or cardboard or wood covered on the outside with metal foil, especially brightly polished foil. Here one is reminded of the orgone accumulator, especially the funnel accumulator, but we must notice that the metal is on the outside of the organic material, not the reverse; nor need there be any opening at the apex, as is the case with the funnel. To the best of my knowledge, the radiation comes in a beam from the apex rather than equally from every surface of the metal. The beam is as intense at night as at daytime, this seems to eliminate sunlight as the direct source of the energy. "
The research of Karl Von Reichenbach. By Kenneth Strarz, ( quoted in selected parts ).
" Baron Karl Von Reichenbach was a nineteenth century scientist whose amazing researches have been almost totally forgotten. He discovered the fundamental new energy, odyle, the same in major respects to Reich's orgone. in support of his discovery he performed literally thousands of controlled experiments, publishing the results over a twenty year period. Reichenbach did not reckon with the terror and hatred that the human being feels when confronted by life specific energies.
Reichenbach was born in 1788 in Stuttgart. In chemical research he discovered creosote, paraffin, eupion and pittarcal. from 1845 until his death, he tried fruitlessly to convince his colleagues of his discoveries. he did a huge amount of research in the unseen properties of magnets and crystals. Crystals and magnets observed in the dark showed flames rising three inches from the ends, shaped like a tulip. They were very beautiful and moved constantly. He named the new energy odyle.
In addition to magnets and crystals, Reichenbach described eight other sources of odic energy: living organisms, the sun, moon and stars, heat, friction, artificial light, chemical reactions, electrical charges, and the material world in general. He discovered that the odic processes in the human body interacted with other sources of odic energy. Reichenbach discovered that a strongly charged body could alter the natural charge of another substance by contact.
His final conclusion is .....that the odic force is a universal adjunct of all matter in variable and unequal distribution and that this force is one which extends over the entire universe. "
As stated above, there is a vast amount of recorded data, but unfortunately not easily available, as most of his work has been out of print for over one hundred years. His work is vital to any reader that attempts a thorough understanding of the Orgone force.
The work of Georges Lakhovsky.
Lakhovsky states that every living being emits radiations. If you read his book " The secret of Life ", you will easily see that the experimental results obtained with various shaped spirals is a direct tie-in with our Orgone energy topic. Similarly, you will see how the " Y factor " ties in to the body's emitted radiation. Again, good reading for the researcher.
Some very interesting comments from the great Erwin Schrodinger one of the founders of quantum mechanics and well respected by his peers. The comments nicely tie in with the Orgone force and living organisms:
"...Today it is believed that living organisms feed on energy and various kinds of foods have different energetic values. This is an absurdity. ...in any point of the universe entropy increases and the living organism continuously produces positive entropy, too, and so everyone is drawn towards a state of maximum entropy, ie., to death. To avoid this state and so to be alive, the living organism decreases his entropy continuously extracting the negative entropy from the environment, including food..."
What a lovely way of stating that we require Orgone ( which has negative entropy ) and thus by logic we will interact with any Orgone source, including a Joe cell! Again, the Y-factor.
To finish this very brief section on past information, I will mention some important research information from Reich.
The effect of Deadly Orgone Rasdiation. ( 1961 ) Compiled by Charles R. Kelley in Radix institute bulletins.
"·Dor is an abnormal life-inimical form of orgone energy. it is present recurrently throughout the Earth's atmosphere, is present chronically in large regions of it, and is increasing.
Dor is an immobilised stagnant energy that seriously interferes with normal orgone energy metabolism, both of atmospheric and of living orgone systems.
Whereas orgone energy normally gives the sky a light blue or blue grey appearance, DOR-infested regions of the atmosphere appear dark, sometimes blackish or purplish black. Normal orgone energy is in constant motion, flowing, flimmering, or pulsating, while DOR is still and oppressive.
The stillness of DOR-infested atmosphere makes them especially subject to pollution of all kinds. Urban smog appears principally and most seriously in atmospheres immobilised by DOR.
Animals or plants exposed to heavy or chronic dor concentration are seriously disturbed in their orgone energy metabolism, which is dependent on the external orgone energy field in which they live. Continued exposure can result in grave disorders and eventually, even death for plant and animal alike.
A tree exposed to a DOR infested atmosphere dies in a particular way. DOR is attracted down onto the tree from above. The top of the tree therefore is usually affected first. the leaves curl and die, and the bark disintegrates and peels. The tops of outstretched branches, usually near the top of the tree, are next affected. The bark on the tops of the branches turns dark and disintegrates. The tree dies from the top down and from the outside in.
In areas of extremely high DOR concentration, exposed rocks begin to turn black. The black usually begins in small spots, and expands to cover more and more rock surface.
When DOR is removed by the use of the Reich apparatus, it becomes concentrated around the equipment. This concentration can become so serious as to be a hazard to life."
The Core men.
I have no intentions of boring you with any conspiracy theories or my phobias. I will quote Reich directly:
" 1. The CORE men ( Core = Cosmic Orgone Engineering ), as I came to call them, apparently were thoroughly conversant with the laws of functioning in the cosmic Or energy ocean, especially with gravity as a function of superimposition.
2. They use cosmic Or energy in propelling their machines.
5. The CORE men were obviously riding their space ships on the main Or energy streams of the Universe."
There is much more on the above in the Orop Galactic Stream publication.
The Orgone Energy motor.
I will mention in brief, some references from Dr. Reich's work, in relation to a method of utilising Orgone energy to power a motor. The full details were published in 1948 and 1949, and the reader may refer to these for full details.
For his radioactivity work, Reich used a Geiger Muller counter. As a result of many experiments, he noticed reading anomalies with some of his experiments. Basically, he noticed increased reading with the counter dependent on Orgone concentrations. This eventuated in Reich eliminating the normal Geiger Muller tube and replacing it with his own specially made tubes. He named these Vacor tubes.
These tubes were evacuated to .5 of a micron, which is below the level that normal ionisation would occur. As a result of charging these Vacor tubes with Orgone energy, he discovered that they would produce a high pulse rate on the GM counter. This led Reich to further experimentation, resulting in the modification of the standard counter circuit in such a way that a small motor could be made to rotate directly from the Orgone energy.
This motor was a small AC type made by Western Electric, with a type number of KS-9154. It would run when Reich connected an antenna and/or earth to the modified GM counter. It would also rotate whilst under the influence of a field enemating from a living creature. The rotation of the motor was quite unusual as it could reverse direction spontaneously without significantly slowing down and speeding up again as if the motor had no inertia. The rotational speed also varied unexpectantly and could be made to run faster or slower, depending on the person that had his hand near it.
Reich explained the above idiosyncrasies, by referring to a force he called the " Y factor." He refused to divulge what the Y factor was, and mankind will have to wait till the year 2007 AD, when his sealed archives will be opened. As already mentioned, I am very confident that the Y factor simply stand for YOU, meaning that the individuals Orgone field interacts with the experiment. This has occurred over and over with experimenters interacting with the Joe cell.
For the more dubious reader, I will quote directly some of the comments of witnesses that were present, when Reich was demonstrating the Orgone motor:
" ....it involved the use of an accumulator attached to a motor; concentrated Orgone energy was triggered by a small amount of electricity, an amount insufficient to rotate the motor without the accumulator......When powered by the combination of Orgonotic and electrical energy, it ran smoothly and quietly; but the speed varied depending upon the weather....more rapidly on dry, clear days, more slowly when the humidity was high. "
" Reich first used vacor tubes in series attached to a small accumulator and connected to a transformer to build up an electric charge to excite the Orgone energy. He used four or five vacor tubes. All were connected to a 25 Volt electric motor.....Reich took away one vacor tube after another until all were taken away, and still the motor ran. The important ingredient was the so-called Y factor which Reich did not divulge. .....On Orgone energy , the motor was practically noiseless and ran smoother and faster. At times, it would change direction. In damp weather, it would not run. "
" The one I saw was about the size of a large orange.....It was hooked up to a special Orgone accumulator with the Y factor that Reich did not divulge as he felt mankind was not ready to use such a potentially boundless power rationally.....But the motor ran on atmospheric orgone energy fed to it through the accumulator and also from the human energy field.....It ran erratically, as no motor with a mechanical energy source does: It slowed down and speeded up without any interference. Also, if one curved his hands over the motor, it picked up speed, and with one's hand over it, it speeded up and slowed down....It reversed itself every once in a while without slowing down, even without a jolt. "
As you can see, there is a large and undeniable link between the atmosphere, living organisms and the Orgone motor. In a movie sequence that Reich made, the is a demonstration of the motor not turning until Reich placed his hand in the vicinity of the motor. The motor then ran until Reich removed his hand. So if we are not dealing with a living force, I would challenge the reader to offer me a logical, scientific reason to the contrary. Please, don't bother replying with references to tricks with mirrors, RF transmitters or any other circus act type explanation.
Again, let me state that the above is a very, very small sample of the vast amount of recorded data in our historical archives.
The present lies with you. There are many teams spread all over the world, that are experimenting with Orgone accumulators. These teams are working with the Cosmic energy for many and varied applications. The Joe cell and its application, is a very small section of the overall research work. The majority of the effort is in four main areas:
1. Weather control. There has been a vast amount of knowledge gathered in this application. Reich himself has written hundreds of pages on his cloudbusting operations. A more recent individual is Trevor Constable. The book, " Loom of the Future ", by Thomas J. Brown from Borderland Science Research Foundation, is a fair overview of the present state of the art.
2. Water modification. This area has a smaller following, but is amply covered on the Internet. Basically, it involves the use of either egg shapes or vortexes or both, ( after Viktor Shauberger's work ), to modify the water structure and the enclosed Orgone energy. The end result is a living water more suited for all living organisms. There is a lot of literature on this. Check the Internet.
3. Health uses. This is the one that caused the demise of Reich and his works. He, and many others that have since copied him, have discovered that the Orgone accumulator can have wondrous curing abilities, with many claims of cancer cures. A lot of literature on this. Check the Internet.
4. Covert uses. Since recorded history began, secretive groups have exploited the majority by withholding huge advances in technology. This has not changed, and will not change in the near future. It is indeed very frustrating experimenting with your pieces of stainless steel tubes and your Joe cell, when the chosen few are laughing their heads off, watching you trying to recreate the wheel.
So, as far as the present is concerned, we have basically two groups, one covert and way beyond any technology that the average person can imagine, and the other a huge team of back yard and academic
experimenters, stumbling and bumbling their way through the fog.
To quote Walter Russell directly, regarding a future new source of power ( written 1957 ):
" The first stage to be transmutation of the atmosphere into free hydrogen, then, generations later, by transforming solar radiation into solar generation as man's ultimate fuel. This would not only free him from dependence upon earth's resources, but give him complete power to cause rains wherever he desires, on desert or meadow, and to dissipate cyclones while forming. "
A chief source of Orgone, is solar radiation.
The future depends on us all. If we interchange our research for the good of all, (which is so easy now with e-mail and the Internet ) we will be able to make quantum leaps in our knowledge. thus the gap between covert and freely available information will close. The end result is a better world for the majority and not just for the chosen few.
Irremissible reading for the practising experimenters and constructors.
As the author of this book titled, " Experimenters Guide to the Joe cell ", I hereby make the following formal declarations and give the following advice:
1. I make no recommendation to anyone to construct a Joe cell. I am merely giving an account of my own learnings, experiments and the results obtained thereby.
2. I do not urge and do not recommend the alterations to the fuelling of registered motor vehicles or other engines which are to be used on public roads or other places.
3. In the event that a person, who by his/her own decision endeavours any, or all parts of my experiments, I strongly suggest, that the operator must be well versed beforehand, in the arts and knowledge requirements of the above tasks, for a safe and successful construction.
4. Misuse, or abuse through negligence or intent, or unfamiliarity with construction techniques, or the laws of the country, or safety procedures, are NOT the responsibility of the author, but are in the hands of the practitioner.
5. The author does not accept any responsibility for any injury, death to any living form, damage to property, or damage to the environment, or breaches to any laws that apply at the time to the modifications of internal combustion engines and the pollutants thus released, nor any other event that may give rise to legal action in the event of any persons carrying out research and development, or any other act that may be initiated as a result of the information contained within this document.
6. While the author stands by the authenticity of the results achieved by his own experience, due to the many variable factors of the process including the " Y " factor, no guarantee is implied or given that the outcome of any work carried out by any persons will be the same as those given in this document.
Melbourne, Australia-1999. The author, Alex. A. Schiffer.
Like all potentially dangerous devices, use at your own risk.
" To obtain real knowledge, we must feel the truth of a thing, and understand that it is true,
and know the reason why it cannot be otherwise.
Acid A substance which releases hydrogen ions when it is added to water. The hydrogen ion is solvated ie. a water molecule adds on to it, to give the oxonium ion.
Acetic acid The common name for ethanoic acid.
Accumulator In our case, a rechargeable Orgone concentrating container
Alkali A base which is soluble in water. They are usually metal hydroxides eg. sodium hydroxide, but ammonia solution is also an alkali.
Alloy Is a mixture which is made up of two or more metals or which contains metals and non-metals.
Aluminium The most abundant metal in the Earth's crust, ( approximately 8% by mass ). It is obtained by electrolysis of Bauxite
Ampere The unit of electric current. It measures the rate of flow of charge. 1 Amp = 1 coulomb/second.
Anion A negatively charged ion.
Annealing A process of heating a material for a given time at a given temperature, followed by a slow cooling. It is a common form of heat treatment.
Anode When a solution undergoes electrolysis, the electrode with the positive potential is called the anode. In the Joe cell, it is the outer casing.
Atom The smallest indivisible particle of an element that can exist.
Battery A device which converts chemical energy into electrical energy.
Brass An alloy of copper and zinc.
Bronze The combination of >90% copper and <10%>
Capillarity The tendency of the water in a Joe cell to move up the sides of the cylinders depending on the relative attraction of the water molecules to each other and to the cylinder walls.
Cathode The negatively charged pole in a battery or electrolytic cell.
Cation A positively charged ion.
Cell Defined in our case as an accumulator of Orgone energy.
Conductor An electrical conductor is a substance which allows an electric current to flow through it.
Current Electric current is the movement of electrons through a conductor. It's measured in Amperes.
DC Direct Current. The type of electrical current produced form a simple cell or battery.
Diamagnetic A repulsion by a material from a strong magnetic field. It will try to find its way to the weakest part of the magnetic field.
Distilled water Tap water and rain water are not pure. They contain salts and dissolved gases. Water is often distilled to increase purity. Most of the salts are left behind but the water may still contain dissolved gases. The presence of carbon dioxide reduces the pH of the water considerably.
DOR Deadly Orgone. An " unhealthy " form of Orgone energy in the atmosphere.
Under agitation by materials that act as irritants to Orgone, the Orgone
energy eventually becomes immobilised and " dead ".
Electrode An electrode is a conductor which dips into an electrolyte and allows the current ( electrons ) to flow to and from the electrolyte.
Electrolyte A solution which contains ions.
Electrolysis When a direct current is passed through a liquid which contains ions ( an electrolyte ), chemical changes occur at the two electrodes.
Electron A fundamental negatively charged particle, part of an atom. If an atom loses an electron, it becomes positively charged ie. a cation, or if it gains an electron, it becomes negatively charged, ie., an anion.
Element A pure substance which cannot be broken down into anything simpler by chemical means.
Ethanoic acid It is one of the simplest fatty acids. Vinegar contains 5% or more of ethanoic acid.
Fuel A fuel is a substance that releases heat energy when treated in a certain way. In most fuels, the energy is released by combustion. So, strictly speaking, when the car is running on the Joe cell, it is not using any fuel.
Heat treatment The subjection of metals and alloys to controlled heating and cooling after fabrication to relieve internal stresses and improve the physical properties.
Hydrogen A gaseous diatomic element. The atom consists of one proton and one electron.
Insulator A substance which, in our case, is a poor conductor of both electricity and Orgone.
Ion An atom which possesses an electrical charge. When an atom gains or loses an electron, it becomes an ion.
Ionisation The gain or loss of an electron in an atom.
Iron The most widely used metallic element. One of the main problems with iron is that it rusts.
Leaky The inability of our cell to retain the Orgone charge over a period of time.
Litmus This is extracted from lichen and used as an acid-base indicator.
Mass This is how much material a substance possesses. It is usually measured in grams or kilograms.
Magnetic material One of a number of substances that are strongly attracted by magnets and can be magnetised. These include iron, nickel, and cobalt, and all those alloys that contain a proportion of these metals.
Meniscus The curved upper surface of the water in the Joe cell, caused by capillarity action.
Molecule The smallest particle of an element or compound which exists independently.
Nucleus The part of an atom where the mass is concentrated. It contains protons and neutrons.
Neutron One of the particles which are found in the nucleus of all atoms except hydrogen. It has approximately the same mass as the proton but no charge.
Nitrogen An unreactive diatomic gas which forms about 78% of the atmosphere.
Orgone The cosmic life force. See section on Orgone in book.
Oxonium ion The loss of an electron from a hydrogen atom leads to the formation of a hydrogen ion. This is a proton.
Oxygen A gaseous non-metallic element. It makes up approximately 21% of the atmosphere.
Paramagnetic A material with a slight attraction towards the region where the magnetic field is strongest is said to be paramagnetic ( As opposed to a diamagnetic material ).
Petrol A mixture of hydrocarbons which is used as a fuel.
pH pH scale from 0 to 14 used for measuring acidity or alkalinity. A pH of 7.0
indicates neutrality, below 7 is acid, while above 7 is alkaline. Strong acids such as those used in car batteries, have a pH of about 2; strong alkalies such as sodium hydroxide are pH 13.
Acidic fruits such as citrus fruits are above pH 4, fertile soils have a pH of about 6.5 to 7.0, while weak alkalis such as soap are 9 to 10.
The pH of a solution can be measured by using a broad-range indicator, either in solution or as a paper strip. The colour produced by the indicator is compared with a colour code related to the pH value. An alternative method is to use a pH meter fitted with a glass electrode.
For our Joe cell work, the paper strip indicator is more than adequate ( and cheap ).
Pipette A piece of glassware used for measuring and transferring a volume of liquid.
Polymer A large molecule in which group of atoms are repeated.
Proton A positively charged subatomic particle found in the nucleus of the atom.
Rubber A natural polymer. It is a hydrocarbon. Rubber is a good insulator.
Seeding The initial capture of the Orgone force in our cell.
Steel An alloy which contains iron as the main constituent.
Sump The lower 1 inch area under the cylinders in a Joe cell.
Suspension When a solid is added to a liquid and the solid neither dissolves in the liquid nor sinks to the bottom, the mixture is referred to as a suspension because the solid is suspended in the liquid.
Vinegar A solution which is made by the action of bacteria on wine or cider. It contains about 4% ethanoic acid. It is used widely in the food industry for preserving foods.
Water An oxide of hydrogen. It is one of the most common compounds on the earth. It does not conduct electricity in its pure state although it can be electrolysed if small amounts of acid or alkali are added. The products are hydrogen and oxygen. The water which we drink is never pure.